Married Couples

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
No a bad analogy. A scanner is very much like many women. They never stop talking, make a lot of noise, sensitive, don't work sometimes, difficult to program, take up room in your car, keep you awake at night, cause you to worry, and cost a lot of money!

capmeo

At first my wife thought the hobby was kinda stupid...Now I catch her listening to the scanner and she is starting to become as interested as I am.

KB0VWG

My wife loves the radio as much as me

My wife is a licensed ham too and we both enjoy scanner listening, and she usually reports to me what she has heard and then we wait till it shows up on the news, I am also the money guy so she says if you want then buy it,but I also better by her something nice too ore might get into a little bit of trouble.
73s
Michael= kb0vwg
Bobbi= kb5vwg

Utah_Viper

No a bad analogy. A scanner is very much like many women. They never stop talking, make a lot of noise, sensitive, don't work sometimes, difficult to program, take up room in your car, keep you awake at night, cause you to worry, and cost a lot of money!

LMAO --- My G/F better not read that

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber

This is a good example of gender stereotyping. I know it's meant as a joke, but please remember that we have women members on this forum too. :)

This hobby is a great one to share with a spouse, and we both have our ham licenses and enjoy talking about the interesting stuff we hear. I do all the programming so that my spouse gets the enjoyment without the work.

mciupa

Database Admin
For those who are married,does your wife call your scanner your second wife? Mine does.:)

Hey man, have you checked out some members equipment signatures?

Second wife ?? :confused:

Some members are polygymists. :lol:

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Not a problem here, my wife is very supportive of my hobbies. And I'm very supportive of hers. Fact is, virtually all of my newer radios (Yaesu's and Icoms, etc.) were purchased by her.

It didn't hurt to buy her a new car for Valentines day a few years ago. It's gotta work both ways, guys.

trace1

But at least you can turn off your scanners/radios if you're tired of hearing them... ;)

jdb585

Premium Subscriber
My wife listens to it along with me...I come home and she has been listening without me. It a little funny. I am a pretty lucky guy.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
My gf tells me what she heard on the radios after I get home from work,and we laugh about it. She recently went to her first spotter class with me and is starting to love radios as much as me,lol!
Now she wants to know when we're going to get another 996xt ?
I've created a monster,me thinks! :lol:
n9zas

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
No mine just listens to it right along with or without me..
My wife is a licensed ham also, she bought me a PSR-500 for Christmas last year and is always looking for radios at garage sales for us..

N8IAA

My wife bought me my first TT'ing scanner when I was layed up after surgery 12 years ago:) And soon as she hears a siren going, wants me to turn on the scanner.
Larry

KAM101

My wife listens to it with me as well, she tells me about stuff I missed, we have some good laughs most days, we also have one in the mobile, can't go anywhere without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.