MARRS P-25 system in KC Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcs00

KCØDAA
I have several questions about MARRS since there are at least 5 sites around the metro area. You need to find out which one you would be receiving the data channel from then program that system ?? Is that correct ? Also when did this all go simulcasted on the MARRS how long ago was that ? Please advise : )

bchappuie

MARRS is actually 3 seperate systems with multiple sites on each system. Johnson Co, KCMO, and Independence. They are all tied together for inter-operability. KCK, and Douglas county soon to join new systems to the MARRS groups. They have all been simulcast since day one. Not sure why all 3 systems were combined in the RR database.
I have them as seperate systems, with multiple scan list, depending on what agency's i want to monitor. For example, I have one system with all JOCO control channels,one with all KCMO control channels, and one with Independence control channels. I have all the JOCO agency's TG's assigned to the JOCO system. I haven't tried any KCMO TG's on JOCO system.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
... KCK and Douglas county soon to join new systems to the MARRS groups.

KCK, yes.

But, Douglas County is joining the state owned KSICS, not MARRS. They have recently entered an interlocal agreement with Johnson County to be their fallback 911 center, but they are still contracting with KDOT for their radio system to be a KSICS simulcast subsystem like Leavenworth County. I am told by KDOT radio techs that the biggest hurdle to linking KSICS and MARRS is that all the controllers would have to have identical versions of the Motorola system software in place- $$$$. And, every time one of the agencies (or the state) decided to upgrade software, everyone else would be forced to do so or loose their link. Topeka's new system won't be linked to KSICS either for similar reasons.

Here is an overview graphic of MARRS as presented to the Wyandotte County Commission-

http://wiki.radioreference.com/images/1/16/Kansas_City_MARRS_Overview.pdf

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Olathe, Kansas

Thanks for all of this wonderful information much appreciated!

You are in a very robust area for scanner activity. When you are programming the area, it might be helpful to find the "location data site map" for whatever trunking system you may be programming in your radio. Find the locations closest to your monitoring station.
Site Map: Kansas Statewide Interoperable Communication System (KSICS) Trunking System, Statewide, Kansas

The information showing the coverage area & what systems are in operation was great. The three big ones in the area are the statewide P25 systems for Missouri & Kansas along with the other one for KC. KC, MO has moved to a new P25 system. I don't know if KC, KS is still using the analog trunking system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.