Marshall Co. 911 Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

trace1

Hey I have been hearing Marshall County 911 Dispatch on 155.355MHz way down here in Calhoun County. This is also the dispatch frequency for Alabama LIFESAVER helicopters (operated by Omniflight) which have bases in Birmingham, Gadsden, Sylacauga, and Auburn as well as several hospitals around Alabama.

However after checking the RR database and also the FCC database I do not see Marshall County 911 as having a license for 155.355 and was wondering if anyone in Marshall County close enough to monitor them may can verify if they are actually are transmitting on this frequency or if it may be some sort of bleed-over or other issue.

It would appear that Marshall County 911 is located in the city of Arab which just happens to be where I graduated high school back in 1982. So, if any of you "Arabian Knights" could help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.

rbryant2

I notice in the FCC database that Marshall Medical Center's ambulance service is licensed on that frequency. What type of traffic are you hearing? If it is EMS type dispatching and traffic, perhaps MMC's ambulance service is using Marshall 911 to dispatch for them.

DARRELL

Premium Subscriber
The frequency, 155.355, is licensed to Marshall Health Systems EMS. However, Marshall County 911 dispatches their ambulances.

trace1

The frequency, 155.355, is licensed to Marshall Health Systems EMS. However, Marshall County 911 dispatches their ambulances.

I was really leaning towards the possibilities of the 911 center dispatching on 155.355 EMS frequency for Marshall Medical, thanks for the confirmation.

One of the first transmissions I happened to pick up from them was a call to a place on Eddy-Scant City Road which I know where to be since I used to live in that area.

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring#
Status
Not open for further replies.