Marshall Co - Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
is MARSHALL COUNTY - Sheriff Dispatch , now using 460.1375, instead of the 154.800 freq. Tried listening but all I got was a harmonic noise. I read Radio Reference saying it was a DMR transmission. I have never listened to DMR before. Was hoping to find someone monitoring the sheriff. What are you hearing and is it on 460.1375. Thank You for your time - Be Safe.

lu81fitter

is MARSHALL COUNTY - Sheriff Dispatch , now using 460.1375, instead of the 154.800 freq. Tried listening but all I got was a harmonic noise. I read Radio Reference saying it was a DMR transmission. I have never listened to DMR before. Was hoping to find someone monitoring the sheriff. What are you hearing and is it on 460.1375. Thank You for your time - Be Safe.

Marshall County is indeed using DMR. Best I can tell, 460.1375 is coming from the repeater site in Varna. 460.55 is coming from Sparland. I think its a simulcast on those 2 frequencies. I only have 1 radio at this time that can do digital (996P2), so I'm not able to tell if its simulcasting.

I do know that all of the agencies in Marshall County (law enforcement) have the ability to transmit on the DMR frequencies. Most of them do. If the dispatch cannot make contact, they will try on 154.800 as a back-up. That freq is still active for EMS throughout the county.

tvengr

Well Known Member
BCD996XT, HP-1, BCD536HP, SDS-100, SDS-200

Just noticed that on your post. The BCD536HP, SDS100, and SDS200 are capable of DMR, but you must have a paid upgrade for each one. If you need a DMR upgrade, you can log into my.uniden.com, register your scanner, and purchase the key for the upgrade. If you have the latest firmware, the upgrades already reside in your scanners and you just need the keys to activate them.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
how can I tell if my scanner has the DMR set up. I am hoping you will tell me to go to the scanner and I will be able to see something that identifies the scanner as having DMR. Thank You for your time

N9JIG

Sheriff
how can I tell if my scanner has the DMR set up. I am hoping you will tell me to go to the scanner and I will be able to see something that identifies the scanner as having DMR. Thank You for your time
On the scanner select Menu>Settings>Ugrade>DMR/TRBO. If it askes for a code then you do not have the DMR Upgrade, otherwise it will say you already have it.

If you bought the radios new you probably know if you bought the upgrades or not, they cost extra. If you bought them used it is possible the previous owner could have added them, but again he probably would have told you.

calebotten15

Premium Subscriber
After the past 2 weeks I've been put in Marshall county exploring the dmr system there are 5 sites
Sparland 460.550 cc 1
Varna 460.1375 cc 2
Tucola 460.400 cc 3
Wenona 460.2875 cc 4
Henry 460.2125 cc 5

All police and sheriff dept are on Talkgroup 620

Fire EMS Dispatch on Talkgroup 629 no traffic except for paging
Found Talkgroup 628 not sure who yet

ltginrage

Sounds a little bit more like a DMR Trunked system now and not a single channel maybe.....

calebotten15

Premium Subscriber
Right now I have it programmed as a single trunk system with multiple site
The Varna and sparland towers have county fcc license WPUT990 & WPGX504
Henry is police fcc license WPGX504
Tolcula is police FCC license WNXN918
And Wenona is police FCC license WRDM900
I have not seen any encryption but they may have not been using any when I've been listening

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
I have not seen any encryption but they may have not been using any when I've been listening
I don't know what radio you're using but if you're using a Uniden with it programmed as a single channel trunk system with multiple sites you wouldn't necessarily see any, FWIW. It mutes and skips it like it does on trunked systems. One advantage of programming conventional digital that way on the Unidens in addition to being able to utilize talkgroups, slots, etc. and excellent on systems with mixed encryption.

ltginrage

MY BCD325P2 does not mute DMR encryption of any sort. It only does on encrypted Phase 1 channels.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
MY BCD325P2 does not mute DMR encryption of any sort. It only does on encrypted Phase 1 channels.
Programmed as a single channel trunked and not as a regular conventional channel? Works on both my SDS200 and 325. It will stop briefly on the talkgroup but will almost immediately start scanning again as it does with P25. If you hold on the talkgroup it will not mute, you’ll get the garbled audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.