Marshall County Ky Sheriffs Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlh1957

Premium Subscriber
Is it my police scanner, or is Marshall County KY Sheriffs pretty much silent? Every blue moon, I hear them call out a call, but, not often. Do they still put out calls for the scanner or are they using another means to talk to their deputies?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Have you got all law enforcement frequencies programmed in your scanner or just the one marked "Post". That frequency is a business frequency used by schools and places like Walmart. Just thinking out loud, the SO use may be to communicate with loss prevention folks.

They are showing a different frequency for dispatch purposes.

Nothing noted in the database or other posts here suggesting any change is going on.

Any time a person questions whether a scanner is working, a search/scan of weather frequencies is a good diagnostic tool. If you get weather (from several places is common), then the scanner is working fine.

sound_efex

I hear them loud and clear on the frequncies listed in the database. I've turned them off because they were so busy (EMS for the most part). Turned them back on to confirm they are still active.

How long has this been going on? What scanner model, freqs and tones are you using?

SO and EMS are P25. A scanner capable of P25 will be required to monitor them.

rlh1957

Premium Subscriber
I am using a Grecom PSR 500 digital scanner and had it programmed through a computer to input MC sheriffs and EMS and KSP District 1. I hear EMS and KSP strongly throughout the day. But, I rarely hear MC dispatch sheriffs department. Seems at night I hear them more than during the day. This started about 3 months ago. I am pretty sure the frequencies are programmed correctly. i wondered if Sheriffs were not talking on scanner much anymore.

sound_efex

MC Sheriff 158.790 P25....790 NAC

Every blue moon, I hear them call out a call, but, not often.

I have the same radio. The GRE's are bad about front end loading. If the repeater is basically in your backyard, you will benefit from engaging the attenuator (and priority) for this channel.

Just for clarification, Marshall SO 158.790 P25/ 790 NAC.

EMS and Post 1 are VERY active. This may be causing you to miss out on SO activity. I would suggest this experiment. 1) Ensure the SO priority channel is on and disengage all other priority channels or...2) Just hold on the SO channel and monitor nothing else for half a day or as long as you can take missing out on everything else :confused: to gauge the signal characteristics and level of activity.

kylake

Hate to bring up an old post, but thought it was easier than creating a new one.
I see the Marshall County SO link is gone.
Im interested in getting a scanner and putting it online.
I've been reading up a bit and see its a P25 system.
Just looking around ebay for a cheap base or portable I'm having a hard time figuring out if they would support this channel. Lots of Radioshack Pro96s and similar.
Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.