Marshalltown PD is now ProVoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Confirmed this morning, Info (GID 2011) is now ProVoice instead of AEGIS. This is the only PV GID ive heard so far. (at 9am anyways)

Marshall County units are all still AEGIS.

Watching closely today to see if anything else switches over.

Further updates to come im sure :)

fireside

Premium Subscriber
Marshalltown PD is now ProVoice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirmed this morning, Info (GID 2011) is now ProVoice instead of AEGIS. This is the only PV GID ive heard so far. (at 9am anyways)
Well.... this is not good news. Right now hearing Disp. on talkgroup 15-121, will see if that last.
Thanks for the update Radioman.

timkilbride

Database Admin
If the Sheriff goes PV, are they going to turn the 159.090 repeater off? You can still listen to Marshall County Sheriff on the listed frequency.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Hard to say right now. I would venture to guess they are just upgrading to the newer PV to get away from the horrific audio quality of AEGIS. Whether they plan on switching everything over is anyones guess. The 159.090 patch is still needed for some outlying deputies AFAIK. 64-5 and another one i cant remember still are seen regularly coming in over the patch radio and not via the 800 side. I guess they could always just add PV to the patch radio and overcome that, but i think that would defeat the purpose (whatever that might be anyways)

timkilbride

Database Admin
Hard to say right now. I would venture to guess they are just upgrading to the newer PV to get away from the horrific audio quality of AEGIS. Whether they plan on switching everything over is anyones guess. The 159.090 patch is still needed for some outlying deputies AFAIK. 64-5 and another one i cant remember still are seen regularly coming in over the patch radio and not via the 800 side. I guess they could always just add PV to the patch radio and overcome that, but i think that would defeat the purpose (whatever that might be anyways)

I didn't know they still actually used the VHF repeater. I just assumed it was for boarding agencies that still use VHF so they could still monitor Marshall County.

Tim K.

Haley

Actually ,and not sure why, I hear regular PD, and sheriff comms. on the VHF repeater MORE on the weekends than during the week. I know it seems backwards. I can actually see the tower from my backyard, so I have some scanners dedicated to the RACOM groups, and some for VHF local, and surrounding counties. If they really go all out towards PV, and I actually think they might, I guess we will be out of luck.

By the way anyone been hearing TG 2032? Its been showing up on my 346, but no audio.

Mike

timkilbride

Database Admin
Actually ,and not sure why, I hear regular PD, and sheriff comms. on the VHF repeater MORE on the weekends than during the week. I know it seems backwards. I can actually see the tower from my backyard, so I have some scanners dedicated to the RACOM groups, and some for VHF local, and surrounding counties. If they really go all out towards PV, and I actually think they might, I guess we will be out of luck.

By the way anyone been hearing TG 2032? Its been showing up on my 346, but no audio.

Mike

So your saying Marshalltown PD has a VHF repeater too? What is the frequency?

Tim K.

Haley

I always thought that 159.09 was the Marshalltown Comm. Ctr. I have heard both PD and Sheriff dept.on there. Actually Fire dept.also. I might be wrong, I haven't really noticed a drop in traffic this week. Still hearing all the main TGs on RACOM. Mike

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
the 159.09 patch is tied only to GID 2010. You will sometimes hear MPD on there when they are calling the Co Jail for an incoming or if they are doing something where both depts are involved. Never heard MFD on there but they all have each others talkgroups programmed in their radios so its not impossible.

Haley

Thanks for clearing that up Adam. I didn't want to mis-lead anyone. The last actual VHF freq. I can remember for PD only was 156.000 , and that's been years!Have you heard anymore Tgs go PV? I still hear the PD on the OPs channel, and a couple of TAC channels. Mike

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Nope, thats the only one so far. I will be back up there maybe this weekend, Monday for sure. I will see if anything else has changed. I would think if the PD changed that county units would too for interop issues.

Haley

Thanks for the info! The PD seems pretty busy tonight, actually so is the sheriffs dept. Keep us posted. Mike

Haley

Has anyone else noticed as soon as they "go to info", there is total silence. I never hear anything after those words . So this is the PV? Mike

Last edited:

Haley

Great. Just double checking, any other TGs that have gone PV recently? Havent been able to monitor much lately. Thanks Mike

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Been listening to them pretty regular, from what I have heard Marshalltown PD is all ProVoice. Marshall County has yet to switch over. What they are waiting for is anyones guess, but it might just be a matter of getting all the radios updated and in the same place so they can flip over to the new system.

Haley

That's sort of what I figured. Not really sure why this community really needs to be so secretive.So do Icalls use PV also? I still here PD on those quite often.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
nope all analog I-calls so far. I am seeing a lot more data traffic coming from deputy radios, not sure if they are starting to use an AVL system or an in-car computer. Still a work in progress it seems.

Haley

I am pretty sure they got new in car computers. They seem to be having trouble with them off and on. Getting logged in ect. Thanks for the Icall info, been meaning to ask that for a while. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.