• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Marshals: Innocent People Placed On 'Watch List' To Meet Quota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian1

Premium Subscriber
Air Marshalls

The singular use of the word "Marshalls" could mistakenly indicate U. S. Marshalls.

The article refers to the Las Vegas office of Air Marshalls to submit at least one report per month. One SDR or Surveillance Detection Report. Atlanta office Air Marshalls were not under such a requirement which leads me to think the Las Vegas office may have a renegade yo-yo who was more interested in reports than facts.

Those folks work hard to keep our flights safe. If there is a supervisor who is having Air Marshalls send reports for the sake of reports, they need to be dealt with.

Best Regards,
Julian

red8

marshal's

it sounds like who ever the agent is, is profiling
and we all know profiling is wroooooooong!!!!!!!!!
red8
drunk in public

n4voxgill

Silent Key
If the air marshals are not even seeing one suspicious action a month then it is time to abolish them. Taxpayers money is just being wasted.

RolnCode3

n4voxgill said:
If the air marshals are not even seeing one suspicious action a month then it is time to abolish them. Taxpayers money is just being wasted.
Now that's loopy. Doesn't make any sense at all...especially since we had 4 jetliners crash on the same day just a few years ago. If they aren't catching bad guys, then THANK GOD! I don't see any more airliners crashing down, so everything is going along perfectly...I'll gladly pay taxes for their services.

STiMULi

n4voxgill said:
I suppose you would rather have the Air Marshals pulled off the plane?

I guess that would give you something else to gripe about. :)

jparks29

I say give EVERYONE on the plane, a taser........

sure. you might give three or four terrorists tasers too....

but whats three or four against a hundred???

so a few "innocent" passengers get tased , then twenty tasers get targeted on the bad guys....then they get their ass beat..... no harm no foul right ???

STiMULi

I am with you on that one. As a strong supporter of CCW laws, I feel it is the only way to prevent idiots from taking you with them.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If it doesn't affect me it doesn't matter. If it doesn't matter I don't care. I don't fly, I don't care.

"THE SKY IS FALLING!"
C. Little

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Reminds me of when i was in high school pre-9/11, and was videotaping our local nuke plant for a school project from the access road about 1/2 mile away. When I was leaving there was this pickup with yellow lights trying to catch up to me, but since it had yellow lights, I didn't think anything about it and kept driving. Next day a deputy sheriff shows up with ALOT of questions on what I was doing out there. Scared my mom half to death, because I wasn't home when he showed up, and he didn't immediately reveal why he was there and she thought I died in an accident or something. Anyway, turned out to be an ok excuse for him. 30 seconds of explanation, the an hour of shooting the **** about how i wanted to be a cop someday.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
RolnCode3 said:
Now that's loopy. Doesn't make any sense at all...especially since we had 4 jetliners crash on the same day just a few years ago. If they aren't catching bad guys, then THANK GOD! I don't see any more airliners crashing down, so everything is going along perfectly...I'll gladly pay taxes for their services.
so how many intersections in your city had four accidents and do you have a police officer sitting at the intersection all of the time. Of course not. This was not about catching bad guys, it was about not even seeing something suspicious. I was in law enforcement for over 30 years and can't think of day that i didn't see something a little suspicious.

red8

marshal's

i agree with rolncode i rather pay their salaries to keep than let another incident like 9-11 happen and i was a lawman for 23yrs
and i am appaled that n4voxgill if he was a lawman for 30 yrs
make such statement like that! the comment like the one he made
sounded like a remark john (liar and flipflop of the country)kerry
and teddy(chappaquidk, i was drunk,)kennedy. i know after a certain
time a lawman gets hardend to this stuff hey my friend they ain't no
reason to make stupid , assenine liberal statement like that. hey
we're at war against these people that brought it to us on that
day. i was on the job for 23 yrs . even though i am no longer
on it i still respect the job lawmen face everyday. and i still
respect and honor and pray for the men and women that
proudly serve this great land. my wife and i sometimes go out
see someone who is former or current military we make it an effort
to thank them for their service and how much they're appreciated
we do this because we love them. but most of all we do it without

any reward
red8

RolnCode3

n4voxgill said:
so how many intersections in your city had four accidents and do you have a police officer sitting at the intersection all of the time. Of course not. This was not about catching bad guys, it was about not even seeing something suspicious. I was in law enforcement for over 30 years and can't think of day that i didn't see something a little suspicious.
Lots of intersections have 4 accidents...hell, some probably have that many per day.

But I've never seen a few thousand people die in a car accident. I'm willing to hedge my bets, and keep paying for them.

I'm in LE, and I see something suspicious every day as well. But my job is not their job. Like I said, if they're not seeing suspicious activity, but jetliners aren't raining down upon us, then, IMHO, everything is perfect (with regards to this).

Last edited:

STiMULi

n4voxgill said:
so how many intersections in your city had four accidents and do you have a police officer sitting at the intersection all of the time.
That is a ludicrous analogy.

I can avoid dangerous intersections or areas of town. But when I need to fly there is only one way for most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.