Marshfield trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

nealfris

Can someone please help me navigate the programing for my Uniden BC346XT. Marshfield Police switched from regular frequency to a LTR standard trunked system. I find that the latest page from RR is dated 3/17. The change happened around 3/19. I tried to program using pro scan and it programed my scanner but the only thing I pick up is the council of aging buses. I will try and attach my RR town info. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-30 Marshfield Public Safety Trunking System, Marshfield, Massachusetts - Sc...png
    Screenshot_2019-04-30 Marshfield Public Safety Trunking System, Marshfield, Massachusetts - Sc...png
    185.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2019-04-30 Marshfield Public Safety Site Location Data Report.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-30 Marshfield Public Safety Site Location Data Report.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 38

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
That system isn't used for public safety purposes as far as I know. It's a city services only system. LTR, like other trunked systems, has a pool of frequencies it assigns. They removed one frequency from the system and made it P25 digital modulation for the PD use. I don't know the frequency though.

You will need a digital capable scanner to listen to this channel. 346XT is not digital capable unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nealfris

Thank you unleashed. I guess I will be draining the savings account. Are the digital scanners easier to program than my 346xt? I will have to research the best handheld digital for the P-25 network, any suggestions?

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
You could go for the BCD325P2. That should also allow you to simply drag and drop systems from the old scanner into the new scanner using the butel software for each (highly recommended). There's a free trial available. You can also go on eBay or some other for sale site and find a BCD396XT. It's no longer made but was the digital companion of what you have now. Again, Butel ARCXT software will make your life so much easier. Take a look at scannermaster.com but do your own research too. It's a good starting point though.

A

Analog-Surf-1963

You could buy a Used Uniden 396T hand held for well under $150 to do Digital P25 Phase 1 from ebay - Thumb bump the frequency in or use Freescan on a PC.

P25 is a Standard digital platform for Police and Fire - There is no secret to it !

I got my 396T for $80 on ebay to use for the New Bedford and Dartmouth Police
in P25.

Besides the 396T uniden later made the 396xt.

Pete N1EXA

garys

Premium Subscriber
For listening to a single or even a few conventional P25 channels, the 396T is ideal. It will program pretty much the same as your 346XT, so you won't have to learn a whole lot.

Even the 396XT is pretty reasonable these days as far as price goes.

nealfris

Thanks everyone for the input! I purchased an bcd396xt off ebay today.
One more question if you guys could help. My town, Marshfield,MA, has been using frequencies around 453.-482 for a long time. Am I looking for those frequencies when trying to program digital, or do I need to try and find the frequencies attached to the LTR standard trunk as was suggested above? RR data base shows no new info for my town.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Marshfield's PD digital is conventional. You just program it in as a single frequency in Digital mode. And yes, all of Marshfield, including the new digital is in the DB. I know because I added the digital channel to it.

Marshfield
NextLevel.gif

Marshfield Public Safety
LTR Standard DPW and other town wide communications reside on the LTR trunk

Frequency Input

License
Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
453.43750 458.43750 KCG570 RM141.3 PLMarshfld FDFire Dispatch FMN Fire Dispatch
453.76250 458.76250 RM270 NACMarshfieldPDPolice Operations P25 Law Dispatch
482.56250 485.56250 KZU620 RM203.5 PLMarshfld PDPolice Operations Backup FM Law Dispatch

A

Analog-Surf-1963

For fun and education.
If you put the police into your 346 you will get a buzzing sound which is the
data of the P25 signal.Yyour Digital radio will decode this data and produce
to audio .

Pete N1EXA

nealfris

I received my bcd396xt today. I have researched until cross eyed! Could someone help me with the digital programming for marshfield pd, RR page is listed above. According to w1kne the new p25 system is on 453.76250 or is it 458.76250? RR does not list a control channel in red like other areas. According to you tube videos I need to put in the TGID, if this is true I am very confused as to the proper dec # for this p25 channel. Can someone help me with the proper number? Thanks

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
I received my bcd396xt today. I have researched until cross eyed! Could someone help me with the digital programming for marshfield pd, RR page is listed above. According to w1kne the new p25 system is on 453.76250 or is it 458.76250? RR does not list a control channel in red like other areas. According to you tube videos I need to put in the TGID, if this is true I am very confused as to the proper dec # for this p25 channel. Can someone help me with the proper number? Thanks

You want to program 453.7625 with NAC 270 per the post above. That is "digital/P25" and "conventional / not trunked". No need for TGID. Hope that helps.

Note - Marshfield is somewhat unique. They operate a trunked system for public works etc. And they also have 3 non trunked / conventional channels for police and fire.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
NAC is similar to, but different than, CTCSS. I haven't programmed a XT scanner for a while, but I think you pick P25 from the tone column and then just type in "270." That should work.

A

Analog-Surf-1963

You can run the radio without the NAC code. It will basically Decode any P25 data on that channel where entering 270 would be that the radio decodes only radios that transmit the that NAC in there broadcast.

All the radios in the system would be on 270 doubt any rouge operator would be on the police frequency but if it happens the system would not accept that radio.

Your scanner is a non system end user so its not really relevent.

Pete N1EXA

A

Analog-Surf-1963

You could go for the BCD325P2. That should also allow you to simply drag and drop systems from the old scanner into the new scanner using the butel software for each (highly recommended). There's a free trial available. You can also go on eBay or some other for sale site and find a BCD396XT. It's no longer made but was the digital companion of what you have now. Again, Butel ARCXT software will make your life so much easier. Take a look at scannermaster.com but do your own research too. It's a good starting point though.

Im using Freescan on my 396T and have no issues !

You can just peck in the numbers and codes.

Im running 2 conventional P25 systems on my radio New Bedford and Dartmouth MA

Pete N1EXA

garys

Premium Subscriber
You can run without NAC, but there's no reason not to put it in if the radio has the capability.

There are co channel users on that frequency, although hearing them is very unlikely given the distance. At least currently.

You can run the radio without the NAC code. It will basically Decode any P25 data on that channel where entering 270 would be that the radio decodes only radios that transmit the that NAC in there broadcast.

All the radios in the system would be on 270 doubt any rouge operator would be on the police frequency but if it happens the system would not accept that radio.

Your scanner is a non system end user so its not really relevent.

Pete N1EXA

mjw383

also trying to set these freqs up on a Homepatrol 1.

Sentinel isn't letting me add P25/digital from a drop down. only seeing TGID

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.