Martha's Vineyard Switching to P25 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

Apparently the Duke's county Sheriff's office is switching from analog to Digital P25 today Island Wide including fire and EMS. The story states today June 3rd the switch will be made. All the original Frequencies will be dead air. I have been hearing constant digital chatter on 156.2175 NAC:D10, this frequency appears to be Police Island Wide. Not sure what the new Fire Frequency is. I get the Police channel full scale in New Bedford loud and Clear. Radio scanners go radio silent - The Martha's Vineyard Times

K1TSL

I just read this too. I’m surprised how little information there was on any of the forums here or on the New England scanner site. Seems like big news but I guess not!

K1TSL

Awesome thanks. I just requested a password reset because when you’re not logged in, it doesn’t look like there’s that much activity on the site. And nothing about the Vineyard.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Awesome thanks. I just requested a password reset because when you’re not logged in, it doesn’t look like there’s that much activity on the site. And nothing about the Vineyard.
Correct, but only temporarily. The normal view will return shortly. If you have any issues logging in, let me know!

KB1UAM

I wonder if the regular 154.325 Frequency is still being used for fire paging. Or if they switched altogether on a P25 Repeater. I haven't heard anything all day on the 154.325 pager Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.