martinsville speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.

dow35

i cannot find nothing on martinsville speedway in the wiki any sugestions i really want to listen to the racev on my scanner iam i missing something?

jrrob8

You need to search for Nascar to get to the list. There won't be anything relating to Martinsville Speedway since Nascar is Nascar. Thought you would know that, sorry.

dow35

i know to look in nascar but there are different series list do i have to put in all the list are just one i really want to hear the race today on my scanner I WILL forever be in your debt if you will help me sir

dow35

i programmed sprint cup series i hope that is the one i repect your kindness sir and thank you for all your help if you think of anything else please let me know your friend always dow35

W4UVV

dow35 said:
i programmed sprint cup series i hope that is the one i repect your kindness sir and thank you for all your help if you think of anything else please let me know your friend always dow35

Be aware that many NASCAR and other race circuit certain support vendors are licensed usually low power simplex on UHF for each of the racetracks in each state or states they wish to operate. In Va. typical licenses are for Halifax, Martinsville, York Co. and Richmond (Bristol is in Tennesssee) and operate for only a short time duration around race day. Then they are gone to the race whereever. If you hear such strong UHF low power simplex signals on your scanner sitting in the stands, it probably is a race support vendor. Some NASCAR racing teams additionally may use portable 800 mhz. repeaters. I have heard some systems having encryption ability, probably voice inversion, so only "special" radios that are rented on site are capable of decoding their transmissions. I would scan 451-452 mhz., 456-459 mhz, 461-470 mhz. 806-821 mhz. (for repeater inputs--add 45 for the output frequency) and 850-865 mhz. (for outputs) Vhf high band MURS frequencies may be used by other vendors and whomever else.

musicman

Outside the track

Local law enforcement again used a temporary repeater on 452.075 / D023 for traffic and parking, etc. The state police had a temporary repeater on 159.165 / 167.9 and made use of tac and surveillance, as well. I heard speedway comms on 451.875 / D411 and 451.925 / D047. I am sure there were many others.

I did not hear any air-to-air traffic on 122.9, and I wondered how you could have six banner-towing aircraft circling the track without some real-time radio coordination. I was unable to get a air band search going, however.

W4UVV

452.075 mhz.

musicman said:
Local law enforcement again used a temporary repeater on 452.075 / D023 for traffic and parking, etc. The state police had a temporary repeater on 159.165 / 167.9 and made use of tac and surveillance, as well. I heard speedway comms on 451.875 / D411 and 451.925 / D047. I am sure there were many others.

I did not hear any air-to-air traffic on 122.9, and I wondered how you could have six banner-towing aircraft circling the track without some real-time radio coordination. I was unable to get a air band search going, however.

452.075 mhz. does not have any law enforcement entity licensed for use in Va. or does 452.075 mhz. have any business licensed geographically in the Martinsville vicinity. Who are you referring to using a temporary repeater for law enforcement and parking? Promotions in Motion is licensed on 451.875 mhz. and 451.975 mhz. to operate at Martinsville. That's probably who you heard.

musicman

For the past several years, that frequency (452.075) has been active on race days with traffic as described from the vicinity of the State Police area office at Fisher Farm Road and Greensboro Road (Rt. 220). I believe it to be an unlicensed repeater used with rented handhelds to overcome the lack of interoperability among the various agencies involved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.