Martinsvillle-Morgan Listeners

Status
Not open for further replies.

inscan

I'm by no means an expert, but I am willing to help answer any questions.

ind224

help

I have a 96 file to clone and you could have much more than Martinsville/Morgan if you have Win96 to install....

bud4030

Premium Subscriber
Well as everyone can see I'm new to scanners and digital trunking. I bought the Pro-2096, interface cable,win96, and now have the priemium radio reference connection. I did the web import for (Safe T) Martinsville-Morgan and it only xfered two channels, the primary and alt. I'm guessing even though it shows around 6 0r 7 freq, I only need these two for it to work? I listen to these two channels and I not only get Morgan County Sherrif traffic, but I'm getting Putman County ISP, and also some sort of road crew ( guessing on the last one) Is this right? Being a newbe and not knowing anything about scanners I thought the 800mhz freq listed under Martinsville-Morgan were just Law Enforcement and Fire for Morgan County? It would be nice if I could just here Fire and law enforcement on one band for my area. Not interested in listening to a road crew.

chv979

I won't be any help on programming, but this may help operationally. Mooresville Fire and Police are using the 800. The fire department uses County Fire Dispatch North talk group for emergency communications. The other fire departments are surrently still on VHF. I guess the ISP traffic you heard was on the Regional Mutual Aid 1 talk group that Putumville (ISP) and Hendricks Cty uses to broadcast police stuff. Not an expert in scanning but this is what I know from working with Morgan Cty FD's and listening to my radio. Hope that helps some.

inscan

I’m not very familiar with Radio Shack models, but I’m going to give it a shot. As per how many frequencies you need I am not sure. With my BCD396T I just use the control channel only option. I am not sure if the Pro-2096 has this option. I believe you have the option to scan in closed or open mode for the Pro-2096. Closed mode, I believe, will only stop on talkgroups that you have programmed, and open mode stops on any talkgroup whether you have it programmed or not.
Here is what I know as per who uses SAFET: ISP Putnamville (this is Morgan County’s ISP district), INDOT, Mooresville PD, Mooresville FD, and Morgan County Sheriff are using it pretty much full time. (I can still hear Morgan County Dispatch side on VHF sometimes). I have heard Martinsville PD on SAFET on some occasions, but I don’t think they are on full time yet. So to just get the local SAFET agency’s you want, program those talkgroups into your scanner and chose the closed mode option. I hope this helped you out some.

W9NES

During the flooding I was monitoring Morgan County Fire on 154.370.I was also hearing other frequencies like 151.445 and was hearing what was going on from the Northwest Side of Indianapolis on My Bearcat 300 On my nightstand near my bed in the Master Bedroom that I use to monitor other frequencies overnight along with my Uniden Bc 996T that use for Safe-t and MECA. Do not forget the VHF frequencies as they were very active during the emergency evacuations of residents in the affected area.

Status
Not open for further replies.