Marval Campgrounds freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWillis

Does anyone know how I can get the radio frequency for Marval camping resort? It is not listed in the Oklahoma frequency page or not that I can tell.

peterjmag

I did a search of the FCC database and found MARVAL INC WNXS662 154.6 which a common 2 watt simplex business frequency. You might also add all the frequencies related to Gore PD and Sequoyah County SO found here http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2195 Hope this helps...

PWillis

Thank you... Will be headed out tonight to stay there all this weekend and they are always carrying their radios around like they are all super important cruising on their golf carts takin care of business. We will see how top secret it is.

Gonna be doing some fishing for rainbow trout and strippers on the lower illionois river.

HermanT

I used to love to fish for strippers too when I was younger. It was great fun. BTW, there are some huge "stripers" (the slimey scaley kind) in the river there just above Gore Landing. Did you hear anything interesting on the MarVal radio network yet?

PWillis

I just got back from Marval Sunday around 3:00p.m. Did not get the chance to do any kind of fishing for trout or for stripers because of Lake Tenkiller was like 4ft. above normal so the river was way up.

Did throw in a line for catfish and caught one. Was only like 8in. long though.

Also got to go on Lake Tenkiller and fished for Small mouth bass. I caught one and the other guy got like 3 and one huge perch.

As far as the radio I didnt really here anything interesting on the radio but I did hear by word of mouth that there were some people floating the river in the Marval area and 2 girls and a mom went missing on Saturday. When we left I didnt hear anything otherwise. I printed off that list of frequencies of the SO and stuff but lost my paper when I got there. I didnt hear anything about it on the Marval freq. either. On Sunday there was a guy that came on the radio requesting what channel he was supposed to be on and they said Channel 2.

I dont know what channel 2 would be does anyone else? That 154.6 was a good freq. until they all went to channel 2.

Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.