Maryland FIRST 700mhz TRS

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I have 14220, 14222, 14228, 14234 marked as DNR Forestry/Fire Ops in my notes. I just have no idea on their talkgroup names. They go many months without use so it is hard to narrow it down.
I am concerned that some 142xx may be marked as Parks tgs in the RRDB, when they could have been Forestry units working in a park or state forest, or other natural area. Still a mystery to me why the state parks would use widely separated tg ranges. It will be hard to confirm as you say.

Last edited:

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
I am concerned that some 142xx may be marked as Parks tgs in the RRDB, when they could have been Forestry units working in a park or state forest, or other natural area. Still a mystery to me why the state parks would use widely separated tg ranges. It will be hard to confirm as you say.
[/QUOTE

I heard them (Foresty UNIT 302) come up on Charles FEMAIN advising he was responding to a brush fire in Waldorf. It’s been years since I’ve heard a forestry unit respond to any incident involving the fire department. As a kid I remember them being dispatched on all large brush fires in Southern Maryland as well as them even having their own tones for alerting,

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber

14204, 14207, & 14208 are all verified as correct.

I see someone added 14221 & 14222 to the database. I have never seen 14221 yet.

BigDaddy419

Has anyone else gotten hits on TGID 8527? When it does pop up, their is either no audio or audio appears to be encrypted. The TG is not listed in the RRDB.

SpectralContent

Feed Provider
Anyone know when the Light RailLink is migrating to this system? Saw they have gotten radio allocation for it last January but have not heard and/or seen activity since.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else gotten hits on TGID 8527? When it does pop up, their is either no audio or audio appears to be encrypted. The TG is not listed in the RRDB.
What site are you seeing this on? That is not carried on the AACo simulcast, so I have no record of it. TGs that are *close* to that tgid are used by state police agencies and the feds.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know when the Light RailLink is migrating to this system? Saw they have gotten radio allocation for it last January but have not heard and/or seen activity since.
The track peeps are occasionally heard, but the trains are probably still on VHF or the MTA TRS. MTA wants to build a new FIRST site on TV Hill to improve coverage in the Jones Falls river valley, but are running into structural problems with the existing tower.

u2brent

OAMPT
8527 - Baltimore Site. Encrypted. Unknown RID.
What site are you seeing this on? That is not carried on the AACo simulcast, so I have no record of it. TGs that are *close* to that tgid are used by state police agencies and the feds.
Possibly FIRST Radio Techs or MSP.

BigDaddy419

Picking it up on the Bridgeport site in northern Frederick County

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber

Or they could be both!!!!!!!! Maybe we ran out of room in the original range.

There are only 9 talkgroups for Forestry in my codeplugs.

SpectralContent

Feed Provider
The track peeps are occasionally heard, but the trains are probably still on VHF or the MTA TRS. MTA wants to build a new FIRST site on TV Hill to improve coverage in the Jones Falls river valley, but are running into structural problems with the existing tower.
Thanks for the update!

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber

It is a patch to something most likely. I have seen a single RID 21274xx on it. It is in the range of RID patches that I have seen before. I have seen it active on Baltimore Site too.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The RCB quarterly meeting was held virtually today.

Table Rock ASR - weather delays. Coverage testing set for mid May 2021

Crisfield ASR - testing and acceptance scheduled for the end of April 2021

TV Hill site - tower remediation required

Phase 5 - Coverage testing for Calvert, St. Mary's, Charles to be completed by the end of April 2021

Phase 5 - Coverage testing for PG to be completed by the end of May 2021

Phase 5 - Montgomery County testing TBD

Phase 5 - Target go-live date for Calvert, Charles, St. Mary's and PG - August 2021

Phase 5 - Target go-live date for Montgomery - October 2021

Interesting discussions of COW deployment tests, partnering with Motorola and PG County; and the temporary control point setup at MSP College Park to support USCG Sector MD-NCR during the Inauguration.

hill

Premium Subscriber
I guess it would be areas 1, 2, 3 and 4 patched together. With 1 and 2 patched normaly.

NRP must really be short dispatchers, with all the areas being patched. Going forward most likely not to much of an issue for one dispatcher to handle the additional areas, since they aren't real busy and this isn't really their busy season.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thinking 14317 & 14319 are apart of the Statewide Law Tac Zone. Fully Encrypted. Multiple Fed's, State Agencies, & Local Agencies using/logging on.