Maryland FIRST 700mhz TRS

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Ok on the montgomery tower when SHA D7 was granted permission 3 out of the 4 Radio id's were granted permission the same time on the howard tower. Their was one radio id that did not show up on the howard tower and i am seeing MIEMSS Com techs secure being listed 7653 on the howard tower now
Radio ID for tech is 2140510
This behavior is by design.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
what is odd or mabe it is not so odd, the MIEMSS Com techs TG is showing up on Howard but not the Montgomery Tower but yet SHWY D7 is???
This behavior is also by design - if there are no subs using the MIEMSS tg currently affiliated with the Montgomery site, the Montgomery site does not pass traffic on that tg.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Looks like they are doing drive / coverage testing today on the Montgomery cell using 8561 and 8562 - multiple channels grants a few times a minute.

Also a lot of data calls from the same subs.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Ok it looks like they are busy again today on the Montgomery Tower. I am seeing a TON of First Admin 1 and First Admin 2 TG plus Data testing being done as well. Radio ID 2113614 for FIRST Admin1 andRadio ID 2119994 for FIRST Admin2 . Talk Groups are 8561 and 8562

Also taking a look at the PG Tower 005-002 and they are doing some test on that one as well. Same Radio ID and TG as on the Montgomery Tower

BM82557

New to me site 1.30 shows up as a neighbor to site 1.28 --

View attachment 110795

Looks like you guys to my east are talking about it --

1.30 doesn't currently show up as a neighbor on 1.17 or 1.20 but is a neighbor on 1.16.

In addition 5.1 shows up as a neighbor on 1.16

Is site 1.30 active? It still shows up as a neighbor of site 1.28 and DSDPlus doesn't display it as isolated. But I don't "see" a CC on 774.05625 from my location.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Well the reason why signal strength is not so great near the Rockville MSP Barrack is there is no FIRST site equipment installed on their tower - which is licensed to have it. Also explains why the signal is poor along the Beltway between 355 and 185.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Also no evidence of an ISSI connection between the FIRST Montgomery cell and the county TRS. I am expecting to see it listed as a Peer (Neighbor) site similar to how the Prince Georges County TRS shows up on FIRST's Anne Arundel cell (see post 5683 above.). They may be waiting to finish coverage testing before enabling ISSI, who knows.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
I have been running my unitrunker on the montgomery tower,since i am only 1 air mile from the tower, and so far i have not see it ISSI but a lot of testing going on ...

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I have been running my unitrunker on the montgomery tower,since i am only 1 air mile from the tower, and so far i have not see it ISSI but a lot of testing going on ...
More correctly stated, you are one air mile away from the Georgia Ave subsite tower. There are more than one tower sites in the Montgomery cell. By (continually) referring to "Montgomery tower," it suggests to others who may not be familiar with the network topology that the Montgomery site is a multicast site, when in fact it is a simulcast cell.

jpb

Premium Subscriber
Can I ask a silly question? What does "ASR" mean? I infer that it's a standalone, non-simulcast site, but I failed Acronyms in Government school.

blueseas

Premium Subscriber
8527 - Unknown TG RID 2127444 only, no other RIDs associated with this TG. Literally thousands of hits on DSD+. Is encrypted. Any ideas ? With that RID, just above where MSP consoles might be.

Comes over all Carroll County sites (and probably others, but I am only monitoring Carroll County).