Maryland FIRST 700mhz TRS

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Going through the logs, I see tg 11344 (likely a Queen Anne resource) patched with Talbot Fire dispatch 11501, which is still active. The day before, 11344 was patched with Talbot Fire Tac 3 tg 11503. Anyone care to speculate?

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
was their any fire or large event that happened and or dispatch might be down for Queen Ann? and all calls were routed thru Talbot?
I live over here in Monkey aka Montgomery so I am not able to monitor that area of the MD 1st system..

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Going through the logs, I see tg 11344 (likely a Queen Anne resource) patched with Talbot Fire dispatch 11501, which is still active. The day before, 11344 was patched with Talbot Fire Tac 3 tg 11503. Anyone care to speculate?

Queen Anne / Talbot Ops? TG 11344 (Interop) :unsure:

Sorta like..
Harford / Cecil Ops TG 10900
Kent / Cecil Ops TG 12825

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Queen Anne / Talbot Ops? TG 11344 (Interop) :unsure:

Sorta like..
Harford / Cecil Ops TG 10900
Kent / Cecil Ops TG 12825

Those talkgroups were used when there were two disparate radio systems, those talkgroups are no longer used because everyone has 7/800 Mhz radios. I am not sure why Talbot and Queen Anne would patch anything as they are both on MD First and I have seen their codeplugs and they have pretty much the same of everything, instead of speculation, maybe we should investigate to see what we can find out, speculation causes nothing but trouble.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Those talkgroups were used when there were two disparate radio systems, those talkgroups are no longer used because everyone has 7/800 Mhz radios. I am not sure why Talbot and Queen Anne would patch anything as they are both on MD First and I have seen their codeplugs and they have pretty much the same of everything, instead of speculation, maybe we should investigate to see what we can find out, speculation causes nothing but trouble.
Don't get hung up on words, as "speculate" has several usages. When used as a transitive verb (as in this case,) it means "to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence, or theorize," or "to be curious or doubtful about, or wonder."

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps a little off topic but here lately I’ve been hearing a lot of DNR Area 4 officers “bid” or “squirrel” on counties police calls in the Southern Maryland area. I’ve also been noticing them coming up on all of counties police and fire dispatch and the tac channels. I know they’ve had their First systems radios for some time now but perhaps they didn’t have the other counties in them until recently ? A new breed of squirrely officers ? Or perhaps a new mutual aid agreement ? I know it’s not that busy for them this time of year but I can confirm that I have heard them on Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s systems. I’m curious on what their code plug looks like.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The NRP does have the "broadest" jurisdiction of any police agency in the state, and I imagine they have formal and informal agreements with many departments. Having two radios on FIRST (portable and mobile) and lots of time, I can see their officers assisting when able. I recently heard an NRP dispatcher ask one of their units if they could assist a county will a non-wildlife / water related call, so I think it just a product of being technically capable of interoperating with other agencies. As far as code plugs go, the state is beginning to refresh the original radios purchased when the system was deployed. One reason given was that the older APXs were running short of channel capacity.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
Seeing a lot of denies for TG=7375 this morning from a bunch of RID’s from the Nice Bridge tower. It’s filled the entire screen up.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Seeing a lot of denies for TG=7375 this morning from a bunch of RID’s from the Nice Bridge tower. It’s filled the entire screen up.
That's the Hagerstown Barrack channel - maybe a conference in the area, or weird ducting along the river, lol.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps a little off topic but here lately I’ve been hearing a lot of DNR Area 4 officers “bid” or “squirrel” on counties police calls in the Southern Maryland area. I’ve also been noticing them coming up on all of counties police and fire dispatch and the tac channels. I know they’ve had their First systems radios for some time now but perhaps they didn’t have the other counties in them until recently ? A new breed of squirrely officers ? Or perhaps a new mutual aid agreement ? I know it’s not that busy for them this time of year but I can confirm that I have heard them on Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s systems. I’m curious on what their code plug looks like.

I can tell you that just in our street level officer portables 140 Zones, for our specialty groups they can have up to 160 Zones. Our officers can go anywhere statewide to assist with details, events, special assignments and response to emergencies if they are in a specialty group.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
I can tell you that just in our street level officer portables 140 Zones, for our specialty groups they can have up to 160 Zones. Our officers can go anywhere statewide to assist with details, events, special assignments and response to emergencies if they are in a specialty group.

I like that and it makes us citizens much more safer, good on them !

PCPA

Interop is a time saver and a life saver; unfortunately too many end users continue to rely and relaying information through multiple dispatchers rather than communicating directly.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I heard Howard County Fire (sounded like the dispatch center, not a unit) talking directly with the Waterloo Barracks trying to an exact location for MVC; I don't recall hearing any FD coming up on a barrack channel before.

SpectralContent

Feed Provider
Hearing DNR NRP dispatching calls for Area 6 (Harford/Cecil) on the Area 5 TG 7506. Is this normal procedure? Is the Area 6 TG 7511 not used? Any info appreciated. Thanks!

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Just curious if folks hear much from MDE Emergency Response Division? Do they show up on local fire channels? Only two talkgroups show up in the DB, but given the gap, there are probably at least four, right? Call shows the last logging as March 2021 (8026) and September 2021 (8029). But, I guess that logging depends on local traffic and whether or not the Calls ingest is set to collect info on that talkgroup, right?

8026 - ERD
8027 - ?
8028 - ?
8029 - ERD Ops 4