Maryland FIRST 700mhz TRS

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Just curious if folks hear much from MDE Emergency Response Division? Do they show up on local fire channels? Only two talkgroups show up in the DB, but given the gap, there are probably at least four, right? Call shows the last logging as March 2021 (8026) and September 2021 (8029). But, I guess that logging depends on local traffic and whether or not the Calls ingest is set to collect info on that talkgroup, right?

8026 - ERD
8027 - ?
8028 - ?
8029 - ERD Ops 4

8029 is the primary talkgroup that they use. The talkgroup is active multiple times a day (depending on call load). MDEM use's it to contact them.

MDE ERD has the capability to talk on FiRST county fire talkgroups. They also have access to talkgroups on other non-FiRST systems. I have previously heard them on the Anne Arundel County Fire Talkgroups over the years.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Would there happen to be a map or listing of where the Fredrick Simulcast sites are located? That's one of only 2-3 counties that I can't seem to find any info on.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Would there happen to be a map or listing of where the Fredrick Simulcast sites are located? That's one of only 2-3 counties that I can't seem to find any info on.

There is no Frederick Simulcast Site.
Just these single sites.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Just these single sites.
Also Tower Road. Table Rock is in Garrett County.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Just these single sites.
I'm sorry, as I was scrolling through the thread yesterday, someone had mentioned a Frederick Simulcast site, so I asked without looking at the site listing in the database :geek:. Sometimes things just get the best of us :LOL:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Zone 5 is not in service yet, but there are occasional grants to specific users. Until the backhaul is complete, the sites can only handle a few users. Most attempts to affiliate are denied.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
I totally agree with maus92 as I am only 1 air mile from the tower at RT 97 and Rt 200 and I am seeing multiple denials on unitrunker but what is odd as I am running unitrunker right now on the PG tower I see zone BEE00-BA2 with no info at all about it. hmmm

Last edited:

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
" phase 5 is the nation’s capital area and Southern Maryland. The radio infrastructure has been built out and coverage testing has successfully completed. However, after conducting pre-deployment systems testing, DoIT advises that there are problems with the Ethernet backhaul. The backhaul network did not perform at a public safety grade level, so DoIT advises that the phase 5 area will not go live until the contractor has corrected the issues "

chrgaughan

A little off topic concerning the Eastern counties, there is a nice, beautiful tower at the Maryland State Police Barricks in LaVale. It's been up for months, and it still doesn't have any antennas on it yet. I'm also wondering how it will improve coverage since it's down it a valley unless they are having problems in the LaVale area.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
A little off topic concerning the Eastern counties, there is a nice, beautiful tower at the Maryland State Police Barricks in LaVale. It's been up for months, and it still doesn't have any antennas on it yet. I'm also wondering how it will improve coverage since it's down it a valley unless they are having problems in the LaVale area.
The LaVale site is funded for FY22.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The CIP notes that the system administrators plan to add 3 new sites in Montgomery County which is no surprise. One in Silver Spring where I have previously noted that there is marginal coverage, and two near the Potomac River are likely to support DNR ops. Also new sites in Patapsco Valley State Park and in southern Anne Arundel County, both known areas of marginal coverage,

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
Well this is ALL new looking here. I have not seen most of this information before. Perhaps this is a good sign to becoming live soon ?

This is currently the Charles simulcast site in LaPlata Maryland

Attachments

• 4BEA83CF-B489-434A-AD03-416D290AF977.jpeg
    4BEA83CF-B489-434A-AD03-416D290AF977.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 38

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Well this is ALL new looking here. I have not seen most of this information before. Perhaps this is a good sign to becoming live soon ?

This is currently the Charles simulcast site in LaPlata Maryland
RID 2113538 gets around and is regularly seen on 7455 and 8311. Likely a FIRST or Motorola tech. I wouldn't get too excited about it - they're still working on the backhaul issues.