Maryland FIRST 700mhz TRS

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Not necessarily - I believe it really depends on where you are located and what radio facilities are available. At least in the Mid-Shore counties, the primary method of consult is via FiRST 7R4MEDxx and the old UHF system is just a backup. (Can't remember the last time we used it). The advantage of using 7R4 is that the consult can be conducted from anywhere using just the portable the medic is already carrying.
Depends on the region / jurisdiction obviously. If a county is not using the FIRST system for its emergency services, it's likely they will be using either the state EMS radios, or a TG on their TRS. Or a mobile phone. The traffic still gets routed through MIEMSS / SYSCOM, and the bottom line is that the 400Mhz system is not going away anytime soon.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
It seems that some of these DHMH talkgroups in the database have changed since the original talkgroup layout.

7907 sounds like a Facilities/Maintenance operations in the Baltimore area.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the ICC radio tower site in Montgomery County will move forward:

Fire Capt. Lipp testified in favor of moving forward with the original PSSM plan, considering the County Executive's caving to the NIMBYs. Pretty ballsy career move...

Gov. Hogan's previous decision to move forward with the site:

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
FYI.
For those still monitoring Cecil's Edacs.
Elkton PD Dispatch (FiRST Patch) has moved from TG 4745 to TG 875 (06-133) :geek:

Also on FiRST TG 12284 has been determined to be the "NPS Emergency Button" (Public Works/Non-Public Safety Radios) When a PW (Health/Roads/Landfill/Water/Transit/sometimes the Detention Center) radio user hits their Emergency Button they automatically are sent to this TG which is monitored by Cecil Dispatch..

Last edited:

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I was traveling through Washington County yesterday.

13600 (on Various Washington County Sites/ASR) and 13596 (Washington) were both active and fully encrypted. Both are a Patch with a radio of 21274xx (similar to other ids seen with patches throughout the state).

My guess is 13600 is a patch of Washington County Sheriff's and 13596 is a patch to Hagerstown Sheriff.

Someone in the area can hopefully have two radios and monitor both FiRST/Washington County System and see which talkgroups line up even though they are encrypted.

boatbod

I just heard that Talbot Law tgids will become fully encrypted some time between 8/5-8/7. This certainly applies to Talbot Sheriff Office and allied agencies (Oxford PD, SMPD), not sure about Easton PD but it's a fair guess it will since dispatch is handled by Talbot Center. State Police Barracks I (Easton) probably not, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Well it happened right on schedule. Only MSP Barracks I remains unencrypted in Talbot.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Well it happened right on schedule. Only MSP Barracks I remains unencrypted in Talbot.

Was just going to post about it. Was in Talbot today. Talbot Law Dispatch & Easton PD Dispatch are both encrypted. Talbot Detention is still "clear."

maus92

Premium Subscriber
NRP is also still in the clear, as expected. For some reason, Talbot Sheriff is on the AACo site this evening, encrypted of course.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
It only takes one deputy with their radio turned on to be across the bridge serving a warrant...
Very true. As far as LE monitoring in Talbot, I think the MSP is still primary in the county at least, and they remain in the clear on their own system, and probably always will due to some court orders wrt profiling a few years ago.

boatbod

Very true. As far as LE monitoring in Talbot, I think the MSP is still primary in the county at least, and they remain in the clear on their own system, and probably always will due to some court orders wrt profiling a few years ago.

Whether on not they are primary depends on location of the incident. They are primary for accidents on state highways, all airplane incidents, stuff like that. They are not primary for accidents involving county roads (TSO), town roads (Municipal PD), or injuries on the water (NRP).

I would assume - but don't know for sure - that MSP would take the lead for potentially serious incidents such as armed robberies, hostage situations, mass casualties etc.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Went to the beach today to watch the skimboard championships. Of course there was an accident on the western span of the Lane Bridge this morning just before 9a. The MdTA Police weren't talking much on their dispatch channel, so perhaps they move operational traffic (like removing wrecked cars) to another TG since they now are typically patched with Hatem Bridge. CHART was assisting with tow trucks from both sides of the bay, and talk a lot more than MdTA. I've come the rely on the SHA District TGs to give me an idea of regional traffic conditions, although you have to suffer from the less-than-professional radio traffic. I've also noted less use of their Ocean City and Eastern Shore Traffic TGs.

tolley

Premium Subscriber
MSP Easton serves Talbot, Caroline, and Dorchester.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the current / recent patch tables, I'm now thinking that 7546 is a state parks ops TG, possibly used by resident rangers. I've heard units calling on / off duty at various parks on 7565 when I'm on the Eastern Shore.

7546 is frequently patched with 7501 NRP Area 3
7565 DNR East Parks Ops is sometimes patched with 7557 NRP Area 2
7543 DNR West Parks Ops is patched with 7521 NRP Area 8
7542 DNR South Paks Ops is patched with 7506 NRP Area 5