Maryland FIRST 700mhz TRS

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
A new DNR TG has been showing up: 7582. Caught a short segment of one side of a conversation this afternoon, in the clear.

Going through my notes, I logged that various times during 2018 on AA/BC sites. Mostly test counts. Logged it a few times as a patch to a conventional frequency.

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber
Hello. While I am sure this has been discussed (I've even seen a few posts regarding), I want to clarify that the Eastern shore counties operating on this system that list encrypted PD channels have implemented this? I am programming my radios for an upcoming shore trip and do not wish to have the scanner clogged with inoperable frequencies. Thanks in advance for the help

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Hello. While I am sure this has been discussed (I've even seen a few posts regarding), I want to clarify that the Eastern shore counties operating on this system that list encrypted PD channels have implemented this? I am programming my radios for an upcoming shore trip and do not wish to have the scanner clogged with inoperable frequencies. Thanks in advance for the help
Yes, the RRDB is accurate. Pretty much the only Eastern Shore law enforcement agencies that operate in the clear on FIRST are Kent County Sheriff, the state police, Natural Resources Police, and the Transportation Authority Police.

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the RRDB is accurate. Pretty much the only Eastern Shore law enforcement agencies that operate in the clear on FIRST are Kent County Sheriff, the state police, Natural Resources Police, and the Transportation Authority Police.
Thanks, I know Talbot was very recent so I just wanted to double check. Caroline shows clear too, is that correct?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Caroline law (12011) is still operating in the clear as of right now.
I was wondering about them - I hadn't heard anything on their dispatch TG for a while when transiting through the area, and I assumed they were now encrypted - could have been my programming though.

Somewhat related: I stg that I hear Talbot Fire (and see Talbot Sheriff) a lot more often on the AACo site after they went enc for their sheriff's department. I'm sure I'm not, but still...

boatbod

I was wondering about them - I hadn't heard anything on their dispatch TG for a while when transiting through the area, and I assumed they were now encrypted - could have been my programming though.

I was somewhat surprised to hear them in the clear this morning when I ran the test. For some reason I thought they were already encrypted, but apparently not yet.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing flaggers directing traffic today on 7278. I'm in Garrett County. Unsure where they are at. Pretty sure it's MDOT SHA.

72xx are MDOT/SHA Talkgroup Range.

Each district (District 6 is Allegany/Garrett) have a district office talkgroup and then each shop has their own talkgroup. Each district also has at least 2 Special Events Talkgroups too. I have heard flagging ops in Central MD on Special Events talkgroups.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing flaggers directing traffic today on 7278. I'm in Garrett County. Unsure where they are at. Pretty sure it's MDOT SHA.
The TG certainly looks good (in the appropriate range) for a Garrett or Allegany SHA channel.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
The Cecil EDACS is off. Pretty sure this time.. :(

I was picking up traffic for the Town PD talk group earlier this week on the EDACS system, and I noticed this evening that I'm not even getting a hit on the control channel. RIP Cecil EDACS, but I'm not complaining because we're sure picking up more things to listen to with FIRST!

u2brent

OAMPT
I was picking up traffic for the Town PD talk group earlier this week on the EDACS system, and I noticed this evening that I'm not even getting a hit on the control channel. RIP Cecil EDACS, but I'm not complaining because we're sure picking up more things to listen to with FIRST!

last 4 hits in my log:
Code:
154.3325    06-133  Elkton PD Disp 875 06-133    Cecil/EDACS WQAZ612/3    Law Enforcement    5    388    NFM    3:02:45 AM    8/30/2019
154.3325    4738    Sheriff's Disp 4738    Cecil/EDACS WQAZ612/3    Law Enforcement    7    388    NFM    3:02:11 AM    8/30/2019
154.3325    4239    7R3 EMRC Call (CMARC TG 10856) 4239    Cecil/EDACS WQAZ612/3    Fire/EMS    3    396    NFM    2:38:47 AM    8/30/2019
154.3325    4737    NEast/Pville/RSun/CecilCom Towns PD Disp 4737    Cecil/EDACS WQAZ612/3    Law Enforcement    2    395    NFM    2:18:13 AM    8/30/2019
RIP :cry:

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Down in OC....

7531 - Assateague Island State Park. (Full TIme Use, No Patch)
7579 - Keyups of a Patch
7592 - Janes Island State Park (Full Time Use, No Patch)

I have long wondered if some of these Park Ops/Calling Channels are more like a Hailing Channel that is then patched into other talkgroups.

A Pocomoke Park unit calls another unit on 7571. The second user responds back to the first unit on 7594. A Third unit on 7565 advises that those two users should switch to "Pocomoke Ops"

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Down in OC....

7531 - Assateague Island State Park. (Full TIme Use, No Patch)
7579 - Keyups of a Patch
7592 - Janes Island State Park (Full Time Use, No Patch)

I have long wondered if some of these Park Ops/Calling Channels are more like a Hailing Channel that is then patched into other talkgroups.

A Pocomoke Park unit calls another unit on 7571. The second user responds back to the first unit on 7594. A Third unit on 7565 advises that those two users should switch to "Pocomoke Ops"
The RRDB has Assateague Island State Park as 7581 - could one of these TGs be Assateague Island National Seashore TG?