Maryland FIRST 700mhz TRS

maus92

Premium Subscriber
MD TAC 10 has been active for the past few days with activity that sounds routine rather than a tactical use. The dispatchers and users sound "semi-professional" and sometimes hard to understand. Anyone have any clues what agency is using? Also one user / dispatcher using a five digit RID 99012 instead of a normal 7 digit pattern. Units are ID'ed "Car-xx." Heard on AA site, and MD TAC 10 is supposedly the Western region.

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
QAC is fighting a large brush fire, and requested Firestry response - might be a yime to puck up some new TGs

blueseas

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring MD FIRST the past 24 hours in that regard. It is also live (the same transmissions) on Adams County TG 115 (Event 7). Also, 7 digit UIDs on that system (9949xxx, 9950xxx (Adams IDs) 2412xxx, which corresponds to Fred Co, MD)) I was wondering what this is all about. Airport/Hotel Shuttles apparently, with the occasional hotel to shopping outlets and food establishments. Not sure who the carrier(s) are. Lots of mention of BWI and Dulles. Seems odd that jurisdictions are giving up space for something like this, unless some sort of special event is going on.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring MD FIRST the past 24 hours in that regard. It is also live (the same transmissions) on Adams County TG 115 (Event 7). Also, 7 digit UIDs on that system (9949xxx, 9950xxx (Adams IDs) 2412xxx, which corresponds to Fred Co, MD)) I was wondering what this is all about. Airport/Hotel Shuttles apparently, with the occasional hotel to shopping outlets and food establishments. Not sure who the carrier(s) are. Lots of mention of BWI and Dulles. Seems odd that jurisdictions are giving up space for something like this, unless some sort of special event is going on.
Hmm, maybe a training event at the FEMA fire academy in Emmittsburg?

blueseas

Premium Subscriber
Guess it could be.. that is a busy place. I guess we'll just keep monitoring and see how long this goes on. Have not been able to nail down those UIDs as they are not listed on any Wiki I could find.. however they do closely correlate to those two jurisdictions mentioned. Oddly though, MD FIRST only lists the 5 digit 99012, as you mentioned. But Adams County blurts out the whole ID, at least on the three scanners I am using (2x SDS200's and a 536HP) for this.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Its for the National Fall Firefighters Memorial Weekend in Emmittsburg. They use a MD Tac channel every year to assist with transporting families from the Airport to hotels in the Emmitsburg/PA area. They have used the 99012 radio id for a patch for at least 3 years. It is patched into a PA system as that is where most people stay.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Makes sense - Gettysburg (hotels. shopping) is just up US15 from Emmitsburg, and the 241xxxx RIDs are Frederick City for those who stay / shop / eat in Frederick.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
RID 2135551 is tying up 774.78125 on the AA Simulcast - going on for 10 minutes now... (NRP Area 5 TG 7506) Maybe an emergency button activation?

Update: It's definitely a system issue, possibly with crosslinks between the DNR VHF system. RID 2135551 seems to be a dispatcher position, who just asked a field unit that was unreadable / echoing to call in by phone. Now it's tying up 772.43125, same TG, same dispatcher. And back to .78125.....

Area 5 units assist with securitay when the President is out golfing at his club, as he does most Saturdays and Sundays when in town.

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
773.08125 *seems* to be stuck on - it's a member of the AA Simulcast site.

Still on, and probably since 9/15 according to my logs - perhaps it is a strapped data channel? IDK. I'm also seeing faint traces of another FIRST frequency that is a member of the Baltimore Simulcast being modulated continuously - it's either a new control channel for Zone 5, or perhaps a similar data channel for Baltimore. It's not licensed to any surrounding jurisdiction, and the only other site that uses it is in Western MD.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Still on, and probably since 9/15 according to my logs - perhaps it is a strapped data channel? IDK. I'm also seeing faint traces of another FIRST frequency that is a member of the Baltimore Simulcast being modulated continuously - it's either a new control channel for Zone 5, or perhaps a similar data channel for Baltimore. It's not licensed to any surrounding jurisdiction, and the only other site that uses it is in Western MD.
773.08125 has been released and is functioning normally as part of the simulcast pool.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
When in North Beach a few days ago, unexpectedly good coverage of the area from Matapeake, Bozman, Talbot, Taylors Island and Dorchester sites.

LordDonkey

In the latest Garrett County Republican article (Hyperlinked here) they talk about winter season readiness. What got me excited is "Wampler reported that a new radio communications system was just implemented last week." Hopefully it was FiRST Radios.

LordDonkey

Hearing flagging traffic today on 7277. I went back through the recordings from SDRtrunk. The unit numbers I heard start with 6, e.g. 6320 and 6336. Someone mentioned they were in Oakland too. There was talk between 40 and 44. Shortened unit number possibly? Also heard someone mention Upperman(s) that night we had the high winds on Halloween. No idea where that could be. The radio IDs start with 21191**. Some were 2121***. If only the radios sent their location and SDRtrunk could plot that in the map, I wouldn't have to guess!

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hearing flagging traffic today on 7277. I went back through the recordings from SDRtrunk. The unit numbers I heard start with 6, e.g. 6320 and 6336. Someone mentioned they were in Oakland too. There was talk between 40 and 44. Shortened unit number possibly? Also heard someone mention Upperman(s) that night we had the high winds on Halloween. No idea where that could be. The radio IDs start with 21191**. Some were 2121***. If only the radios sent their location and SDRtrunk could plot that in the map, I wouldn't have to guess!

Definitely a SHA/MDOT Talkgroup. Most likely a SHA "Shop" Talkgroup. Could also be a District 6 Special Event 1/2 but more likely a shop talkgroup. Each SHA Shop has their own talkgroup on FiRST.

For Garrett County, their is a Shop in Oakland and in Keyser's Ridge.