Maryland FIRST 700mhz TRS

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Found it thanks... Yep going to add this and send it in to RR as well.
Doug, those freqs are NOT on the air as of yet, so adding it to your programming is not going to do anything useful at this point. Submitting them to the RRDB does not conform to their policy - they need to have been received over the air / verified to be valid entries to the database.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Woops egg on my face. I looked a little more and saw it is for Monkey County here in MD. yep and you are right about not being on the air yet. I wonder how long before they are???

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Woops egg on my face. I looked a little more and saw it is for Monkey County here in MD. yep and you are right about not being on the air yet. I wonder how long before they are???
A while. They need to construct two towers, and complete Southern Maryland first. PG and Montgomery are going to be complicated and likely to be using ISSI (state users roaming onto county system sites.) Of course, they *could* acquire APX Next subscribers and roam onto LTE when losing LMR connectivity.... Anyway, sometime next year.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Ya that is what I was thinking and but also wondering what site number Montgomery will be as well. If you notice number #4 is missing and then next number would be 30 as well. A Tait TP9400 would be a good Phase 2 radio to use temporarily as I would compare it against an APX4000 to 6000 Radio. I have a couple of them and besides not being a brick to carry they are easy to use as well.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
One other thing is I would really like to get a tour of the MD 1st commo center and mabe work their part time as well since I do have some dispatching/call taking experience plus computer data entry as well. Passing a background check for me is also easy as well.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
One other thing is I would really like to get a tour of the MD 1st commo center and mabe work their part time as well since I do have some dispatching/call taking experience plus computer data entry as well. Passing a background check for me is also easy as well.
FIRST doesn't do centralized dispatching. I believe their NOC (such as it is) is in Crownsville - not really heavily staffed, just a system manager and a few techs - IT oriented.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Ya that is what I was thinking and but also wondering what site number Montgomery will be as well. If you notice number #4 is missing and then next number would be 30 as well. A Tait TP9400 would be a good Phase 2 radio to use temporarily as I would compare it against an APX4000 to 6000 Radio. I have a couple of them and besides not being a brick to carry they are easy to use as well.
Likely to be Zone 5 sites.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
That would put it near the dispatching center for AA county then...
A few miles away. They're not related, and the state's responsibility out of that office is not operational, like maus said... just technical and administrative.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Amplifying on my earlier response, state government is decentralized, meaning each agency / department has their own dispatch / operations center. Some might be fairly large, others might just be a consolette. The state police have an operations center in Pikesville, but the barracks dispatch function usually takes place from either the barracks itself, or is sometimes combined in a county center. In Anne Arundel County, the Annapolis barracks is dispatched by the Glen Burnie barracks. Not sure where MEMA ops center is, it's either in Pikesville, or maybe Camp Freddard. The DNR NRP ops center is at Sandy Point. MDOT has a centralized operations center in Hanover, but the district offices and shops may or may not dispatch their local units. MTA has a dispatch operation in the Baltimore area - not sure if it is downtown, Bush St., or one of its other facilities. MdTA has a central dispatch operation - could be at Key Bridge HQ, or maybe Ft. McHenry. The point is FIRST (DoIT and MIEMSS) provides and supports the infrastructure, and the agencies are responsible for operations. And the agencies are always looking for dispatch operators - lots of turnover.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
This is sort of not good news. If backhaul is indeed the issue, I'm wondering if it is a connectivity issue that only affects this site (fiber?) or if it is more systemic issue? I'm assuming that they want to have both fiber and MW connectivity - MW should be fairly simple to a tall tower like this - but it is a fairly steep elevation from the bridge inland.

Last edited: