Maryland FIRST 700mhz TRS

boatbod

Hopefully that will eventually change.
Perhaps, but don't hold your breath! A flight medic once explained that it's easy to obtain and use a portable, but installing a fixed-mount radio is problematic because they generally are not type-approved/certified for aircraft service. Not sure of the veracity of his statements, but it does seem plausible.

gesucks

Perhaps, but don't hold your breath! A flight medic once explained that it's easy to obtain and use a portable, but installing a fixed-mount radio is problematic because they generally are not type-approved/certified for aircraft service. Not sure of the veracity of his statements, but it does seem plausible.

The statement is true for some aircraft. That is not the problem since MSP has no plan on putting mobile radios in the aircraft. They will be putting in aircraft radios that work on P25 Phase 2. They currently have aircraft radios that work on Phase 1, but those radio can not be upgraded and must be replaced.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber

Real aviation radios are out there that will do P25 Phase 2 with all the bells and whistles. Now, how much they cost is a different story. It may be a budget issue and much more cost effective to have a handheld. I know there are adaptors out there to connect a APX portable into a avionics audio system so helmet headsets can be used, mute...etc.

Helicopter Radio

firebal

Premium Subscriber
Real aviation radios are out there that will do P25 Phase 2 with all the bells and whistles. Now, how much they cost is a different story. It may be a budget issue and much more cost effective to have a handheld. I know there are adaptors out there to connect a APX portable into a avionics audio system so helmet headsets can be used, mute...etc.

Helicopter Radio
Yes I remember them being reference on a different thread a while back. Just still surprised they have not got around to allocating it. Though I do wonder if these are Part 35 complacent as everything they put in now must be certified for civilian use.

gesucks

Yes I remember them being reference on a different thread a while back. Just still surprised they have not got around to allocating it. Though I do wonder if these are Part 35 complacent as everything they put in now must be certified for civilian use.
MSP does not and has never used Technisonic Radios nor are they looking too. Technisonic is not DO certified. What they have now and will be going with is.

maus92

Premium Subscriber

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
I've never seen a RID in that range before. It went to Allegany Fire Main to Garrett Spec Ops Tac 1 and to Garrett F/E Main. No group calls from it yet.

View attachment 82238
Are you talking about the 8560015 RID? The low numbering xxx0015 suggests a fixed resource. Or maybe some sort of test configuration. Or possibly a foreign radio. I'd watch it for a while.
Yes sir. I set up an alias with an alert for it. Next time time it comes up again I'll get an audible alert.
It's from Somerset County. They're doing test counts on Allegany Countywide Tac 6. Sounded like CES or ES 45.
I wonder if they are patching from a MD TAC TG? Perhaps the Somerset system has ISSI with FiRST, but not sure why there is interoperability across the zones / regions - that's usually denied. Does SDRTrunk show patches?

FYI, this is Somerset County PENNSYLVANIA. We reprogrammed one of the consollettes in our 911 center to access MD-FiRST. On the day you mentioned, we were testing with Allegany County Maryland and Garrett County Maryland to ensure that we could access the system successfully. We will be console patching (no ISSI gateway) from our P25 system (ICORRS - Inter-County Regional Radio System) to MD-FiRST for mutual aid calls across the state line.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
FYI, this is Somerset County PENNSYLVANIA. We reprogrammed one of the consollettes in our 911 center to access MD-FiRST. On the day you mentioned, we were testing with Allegany County Maryland and Garrett County Maryland to ensure that we could access the system successfully. We will be console patching (no ISSI gateway) from our P25 system (ICORRS - Inter-County Regional Radio System) to MD-FiRST for mutual aid calls across the state line.
Lol - forgot there is a Somerset County in PA.

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber

Incidentally, any RID that starts with 8-million is a Pennsylvania radio operating on MD-FiRST. The second and third digit of the RID correspond with the county code for the PA county where that radio "lives". 56 is the county code for Somerset County, so any RIDs in the 8560000 range are ours.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I heard a lot of Patapsco Valley State Park traffic today on DNR South Parks Ops. Note that Patapsco Valley State Park is mostly in Howard County, which is the DNR Central region, so I *think* its RRDB entry needs to be verified.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Patapsco Valley SP uses two talkgroups normally 7566 - PVSP North Ops (Hollofield, and other northern PVSP spots), and 14204 PVSP South Ops (Avalon, Hilton, etc.)

They have started to use State Parks Event 1 (14211) for traffic ops at the tunnel area in the Avalon/Hilton section.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Patapsco Valley SP uses two talkgroups normally 7566 - PVSP North Ops (Hollofield, and other northern PVSP spots), and 14204 PVSP South Ops (Avalon, Hilton, etc.)

They have started to use State Parks Event 1 (14211) for traffic ops at the tunnel area in the Avalon/Hilton section.
14204 is marked "South Park Ops" in the RRDB, which is the tg on which I heard the traffic, re: the McKeldin area. The entry in the RRDB should be corrected to include the park name to avoid confusion.