Maryland FIRST 700mhz TRS

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Any ideas as to when Fredrick Co. may get some TG's on FiRST? I know MSP, SHA, NRP, and Cunningham Falls State Park are, was just curious as to if/when other county agencies would be joining.

Frederick requested <6 talkgroups on FIRST in Dec 2020 to be used in areas that they have poor radio coverage. I have no idea if they have created these talkgroups yet or programmed their radios or trained dispatchers or personnel of when or how to use these yet.

These talkgroups will most likely not be full time patched to FiRST and will only be used when they have calls for service in these poor radio coverage areas.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
AA neighbors Howard that could potentially cover the Seneca area. PG site is down atm, and Montgomery has never been up.

logan437

Premium Subscriber
Used to hear DNR at Fair Hill (TG 7532), Cecil County, all the time and now they are GONE... Also no traffic on Fair Hill Admin (TG 7527). Any ideas on where they went.

logan437

Premium Subscriber
Used to hear DNR at Fair Hill (TG 7532), Cecil County, all the time and now they are GONE... Also no traffic on Fair Hill Admin (TG 7527). Any ideas on where they went.

OK OK OK..... They are back on the channel again. I guess it took the Cecil County Fair to get them working again.....

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
14247 (Garrett Site) - Seems to be Herrington Manor State Park just got FiRST radios as multiple park units were testing them out. A park unit called "Herrington Manor Office" on it.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
14247 (Garrett Site) - Seems to be Herrington Manor State Park just got FiRST radios as multiple park units were testing them out. A park unit called "Herrington Manor Office" on it.
If you are in range, check to see if the NAC for the Table Rock site is correct in the RRDB.

SpectralContent

Feed Provider
I saw on the FiRST wiki that CSX Police and Amtrak Police will be/are using for their operations. Amtrak PD still appears to be on their old FM system. Anyone have any idea what TG CSX is using or is it more of an interoperability feature for them rather daily use? (I assume this is probably an encrypted TG but curious nevertheless!)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I saw on the FiRST wiki that CSX Police and Amtrak Police will be/are using for their operations. Amtrak PD still appears to be on their old FM system. Anyone have any idea what TG CSX is using or is it more of an interoperability feature for them rather daily use? (I assume this is probably an encrypted TG but curious nevertheless!)
They applied for a few tgs for interoperability, not for daily operations. They may also have access to the various Tac tgs for specific incidents and events. I have never heard those users on the air or seen a tg that I can confirm belongs to them.

SpectralContent

Feed Provider
They applied for a few tgs for interoperability, not for daily operations. They may also have access to the various Tac tgs for specific incidents and events. I have never heard those users on the air or seen a tg that I can confirm belongs to them.
Thanks for the info!

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I believe CSX & Amtrak are just Interop Users and Not Primary Limited/Primary Users. I believe one or both initially had interest in obtaining a talkgroup or two but in the end just became interop users. I have a very extensive radio id collection and I have never logged a CSX or Amtrak radio id.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that the Prince Georges County North Simulcast is no longer connected to the FIRST Baltimore simulcast cell, but is connected to the FIRST Anne Arundel and Howard simulcast cells. I assume this is via ISSI, and that the other FIRST sites that surround Prince Georges will also have this connection, or to the Prince Georges South site. Not sure if this would apply to Tracys Landing ASR; I need to verify. Something to watch.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
AACo Fire Boat 41 (Avalon Shores) was communicating directly with NRP Area 3 about finding a "deceased dolphin" off of Sandy Point this afternoon, more evidence of extensive FIRST programming on AACo subscribers.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that the Calvert Simulcast cell was off the air - probably has been offline for a while as they installed the redesigned backhaul network. The Tracys Landing ASR does peer with the Prince Georges County North site.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
Any updated meeting minutes for First ? Just curious if anymore progress has been made lately. I know I can’t wait until it’s up and running in Southern Maryland.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Before the Board of Public Works Tomorrow....

Using Agency: Department of Transportation, State Highway Administration
Description: Supply and install conduit and fiber optic cable to support phone and
internet communications systems for emergency preparedness services.
Location of Work: Prince George’s County, Upper Marlboro City, Off ramp at Water
Street (MD717) and Pennsylvania Ave (MD-4)
Pennsylvania Ave (MD-4) east to Crain HWY (US-301) exit ramp
Crain HWY (US-301) north towards WSSC Treatment Plant Road.
WSSC Treatment Plant Road to SHA Radio Tower.

This is a Cable and Wire DoIT Master Contract project to connect Maryland First Radio
System, Network Maryland, and SHA shops to the MDOT Network. This will connect all
the state agency first responder radio’s to MDOT and some counties to MDOT as well.
This project will enhance a section of the fiber backbone network for the MDOT Enterprise
Network as well as enhance Maryland’s First 700 MHz. The fiber will enable connection
of SHA and MDOT network equipment on WSSC Treatment Plant Road SHA Tower to
the MDOT Enterprise Network. This project will include installing conduit and fiber which
will be terminated at specified end points or/and spliced in the fusion splice tray in the
manholes.