Maryland State of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Should make for interesting radio traffic!

REISTERSTOWN, MD (February 11, 2014) – Maryland residents should prepare now for what is expected to be the largest snowfall of the season. Forecasters are predicting about 6-10 inches of snow – or more — for most of Maryland depending on the final track of the storm.

In anticipation of the storm, Governor Martin O’Malley has issued a State of Emergency Declaration, which will allow the state to deploy members of the Maryland National Guard, allow emergency contracting by the Department of General Services and waive certain rules and regulations to speed recovery from the storms.

Forecasters predict this will be a heavy, wet snow. Because many trees were weakened by last week’s ice storm, it is possible that some remaining trees may not be able to hold the added weight and could fall, impacting electric service. Residents are advised to prepare for potential power outages and to conserve power as much as possible.

HEAVIEST SNOW ACCUMULATION OF THE SEASON EXPECTED IN NEXT WINTER STORM |

MacGnG

Does anyone know what frequencies to listen to for the snow plows for balto city/co? i was looking on my BCD436HP and wasn't real sure what it would be listed under. THANKS.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Baltimore County Trunking System, Various, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies
Try talkgroups 9684,9687, I've been trying to pin down if that's snowplows on previous snowy days. Not sure if they are, so they're not in the database yet, but they're showing up a lot right now.

BTW Photoguy, I have a portable set up on MNG 1 right now, so I should hear if they show up.. at least on that one... at least in west Baltimore :p

MacGnG

there was some snow plow talk on the "Wastewater" channels in baltimore city under "services"

Status
Not open for further replies.