maryland state police live broadcast feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorothea

Premium Subscriber
does anyone know if golden riing state police barracks does a live broadcast feed? with my scanner living in carroll county i can't get it on the scanner with inside antenna.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
I believe there is no current live feed including MSP P on either VHF or the county system patch.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, if you hear ten transmissions in an hour it's a busy day. Dunno if they have a TG on Baltimore County's system or just use cellular a lot...

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, if you hear ten transmissions in an hour it's a busy day. Dunno if they have a TG on Baltimore County's system or just use cellular a lot...

MSP R (Baltimore County) uses their low band frequency, but that's very quiet because they do a lot of their comms and dispatching via the CAPWIN interface. Cellular voice isn't used by MSP for dispatching, largely due to its stress limitations and non-survivability. MSP P has a patched talkgroup on the Anne Arundel system, and I believe that's what their portables tie into directly while the mobiles are still low VHF.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Oh yes, of course, no cells for dispatch, I was more speaking to car-to-car or trooper-to-trooper.
I wonder how all this is going to change when everyone is on board with the new CAD/RMS systems...

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Oh yes, of course, no cells for dispatch, I was more speaking to car-to-car or trooper-to-trooper.
I wonder how all this is going to change when everyone is on board with the new CAD/RMS systems...

That will probably replace CAPWIN for all the CAD and messaging stuff, and will have METERS/NCIC access in it as well- they will probably come up with a way to interface the data with CAPWIN so they don't sever the ability to have cross-searchable databases with DC and VA, but CAPWIN probably isn't going to be a primary tool for everyday use by state agencies once MSP CAD/RMS is out. It should be pretty cool to see once MSP IT is done with it- and to see how other systems like OSSI CAD/RMS will tie into it if they decide to build the bridges for it.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
They've struggled a bit with capacity already, and the department I support has only rolled out to the offices. We just now got the replacement MDTs, and haven't deployed to the cars yet, so that should be fun. I see CapWIN integration, but its use has fallen off quite a bit in the last few years...everyone is texting and using smartphones for comms inappropriate or too chatty for radio.

That will probably replace CAPWIN for all the CAD and messaging stuff, and will have METERS/NCIC access in it as well- they will probably come up with a way to interface the data with CAPWIN so they don't sever the ability to have cross-searchable databases with DC and VA, but CAPWIN probably isn't going to be a primary tool for everyday use by state agencies once MSP CAD/RMS is out. It should be pretty cool to see once MSP IT is done with it- and to see how other systems like OSSI CAD/RMS will tie into it if they decide to build the bridges for it.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
What's had the capacity issues, CAPWIN or something else?

Anyway and on the other hand, as cool as MSP CAD/RMS might eventually be.. I use Sungard OSSI and would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. Great system.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Not altogether sure if it was hardware or network capacity issues, but there were delays in the rollout because of the slowdowns...I'm told they've worked it out...

What's had the capacity issues, CAPWIN or something else?

Anyway and on the other hand, as cool as MSP CAD/RMS might eventually be.. I use Sungard OSSI and would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. Great system.

Status
Not open for further replies.