Mason County help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlmeade741

I'm setting up a Pro-96 for a neighbor vacationing in Mason Co. Since I do not know the area, I have no idea of what towers to use. If anyone have a copy of a win96 data, it would be a great help. Thanks

seamusg

jlmeade741 said:
I'm setting up a Pro-96 for a neighbor vacationing in Mason Co. Since I do not know the area, I have no idea of what towers to use. If anyone have a copy of a win96 data, it would be a great help. Thanks
The easy way to find the towers in a county is to go to the database for the county and download the cvs file for all known freqs. And open it as a spreadsheet. It will show you the tower numbers in that county. It shows towers 330,331 and 335 in Mason Co.

jlmeade741

That's what i'm looking for. Thanks for everyone's help. Hope you have a good visit.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I sure would like to view that file, but must be doing something wrong, I see alot of jpegs etc, but nothing relating to data?

E-Man

Banned
jlmeade741 said:
After you download it, open it with win96, worked great for me

ok, I had to fire up my laptop where I have win96 installed, was able to view and upload to Pro96.

Had to lock out many spacers that Pro96 was hanging up on. Data has many Freqs, that I did not have thanks Mikey60.

But so far, I think I may be hearing more on my 2096 with no spacers between CC?

thanks mikey60 & jlmeade741

mikey60

The spacers force the radio to scan all of the control channels in the bank. Without them probably 99% of what you would hear would be on the Ludington tower (depending on where you are).

The Ludington Tower probably carries the majority of the county traffic but there are things I've heard on the Freesoil and Buck's Corners sites that were not on the Ludington tower at the time.

Mike

E-Man

Banned
I am the east side, not to far from Whelan Lake if you are monitoring tonite, so I get alot of traffic off Freesoil and Buck's Corners, I had to lock out several spacers, but it is working great now and I have alot of freqs that I didnt have, thanks for posting the file.

mikey60

I was monitoring most of that. It was a sad situation. If you're on the east side, adding the Baldwin tower will probably help out a bit as well. I did pick up a new talkgroup during my monitoring last night. 3217 is 53PD153A (Sheriff Admin). They used some encryption on that talkgroup but there was also a fair amount in the clear.

Mike

E-Man

Banned
Yes very sad, I do not hear that much activity on the Baldwin tower? I think they still use alot of Conv? That is a awesome file, I didnt have all the ID's, and no 800 MD,FD and DNR will add 3217. Thanks Mike.

mikey60

I heard a lot of Mason county stuff on the Hart site as well.

I was hearing the 53MD911 talkgroup on the Cannonsburg site (near Grand Rapids) about the time they found the victim. Still a sad situation.

All in all it was a busy week up there with a lot of action for the area.

Mike

E-Man

Banned
I was picking up the Hart site also, but how does that work to pick up 53's on the Cannonsburg site? Was there 53MD911 comms with a car around the Cannonsburg site? I dont fully understand how the system works.

With the drowning incident there has been more comms than I have heard in some time. Its usaully pretty quiet up here. I dont know if you seen this, but here is a article of the incident.

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news.php?story_id=31976

mikey60

Yeah I saw the article actually.

The system is an Omnilink Smartzone system. Basically any tower that has a radio affiliated to a talkgroup will transmit that talkgroup. In the case of the Cannonsburg site, my guess would be the Life EMS office in the Grand Rapids area. There may be a radio in that office that's affiliated there...

Mike

E-Man

Banned
Ok, thanks for the info Mike I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.