Mason County/Shelton action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jassing

Premium Subscriber
Last evening (before sunset) I heard lots of cars & sirens driving by our (remote) house off cloquallum. Of course my antenna was down & I didn't have the scanner handy (in process of moving) -- but when I finally went to look -- there were at least 20 police &sheriff cars within view, more around the corner -- traffic stopped both ways (no easy way around if you're commuting home) They stayed fairly late and were quiet about what they were doing.

Any chance anyone heard over their scanner?

jassing

Premium Subscriber
They were out there for HOURS; turning traffic away both directions -- I was at my mailbox and told to go home. Today I drove down the road and didn't see any railing damages or skid marks.
Wife and I are amazed nothing has been reported; shelton police &mason county fire/first aide &sheriff; both marked & unmarked vehicles... We counted at least 20 cars; and we couldn't see around the bend. simply amazing.

I ordered a new scanner antenna today....

storm777

Premium Subscriber
Jassing, I listened to that incident Sunday evening from S. King Co. It began with a vehicle stop, but the subject wound up ramming the patrol car. When he took off, he hit 2 other cars (parked). A pursuit ensued on W. Cloquallum Rd. with speeds exceeding 85 mph. At one point the officer said the subject tossed a ba out the window near an intersection and said it may have been meth.

I'm not sure where the guy bailed but he did and ran into the woods, the officer giving chase. After, oh...5-7 minutes, the officer called for two medic rigs. Subject had facial lacerations and possible fractures and the LEO had a hand injury.

AND--while all this was going on, the dispatcher called and said a concerned citizen recovered the bag, which contained a cell phone and a quantity of white powder.

I'm really not surprised that this didn't make the media. Local media seem to be VERY selective in all respects. Last night there was a Valley SWAT deployment at Garden Suites on Pac Hiway in Des Moines. Tukwila, Kent & Des Moines PD, S King Fire/EMS all there...I listened to the entire operation and even got a few photos :) NOTHING on the news and it was obvious the suspect was a bit more dangerous than a litterbug. Go figure...

jassing

Premium Subscriber
@Storm777 -- THANK YOU!

we had heard a rumour that it was a long distance chase but it also included a murder.. Rumours always seem to go overboard.

I can tell you that I heard a car spin out and then nothing... walking around (the next few days) it seems he just spun out and off the road and then ran not far from where we live...

"meth heads" always seem to just be dumb as dirt.. Their (lack of) logic always amazes me -- how they can walk & breath at the same time is beyond me.

SCPD

QRT
Last evening (before sunset) I heard lots of cars & sirens driving by our (remote) house off cloquallum. Of course my antenna was down & I didn't have the scanner handy (in process of moving) -- but when I finally went to look -- there were at least 20 police &sheriff cars within view, more around the corner -- traffic stopped both ways (no easy way around if you're commuting home) They stayed fairly late and were quiet about what they were doing.

This is where Close Call can come in handy with a scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.