Mass shooting in a Uvalde, TX school

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Along the lines of MRG coverage, I’ve talked to a few troopers and deputies over the years down there and the coverage gaps are quite prevalent outside of the cities/towns themselves. Big Wells to Batesville is one area that is spotty as hell for LaSalle, Dimmit and Zavala. I can’t imagine what the LEOs further up into the hill country in Kinney, Uvalde, Real and Edwards have to deal with.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
While that might be a small contributing factor, information that I've seen released over the past few days was that, by the time the shooter was taken out, there were around 360 officers present at the scene. That would include Uvalde ISD PD, Uvalde city PD, sheriff's deputies from Uvalde & surrounding counties, federal agents (including the Border Control tactical team that actually neutralized the subject), and 91 officers from the Texas Department of Public Safety. Having that many officers arrive on scene, yet delaying action for over an hour, is inexcusable. The delay definitely could not be attributed to lack of response.

Status
Not open for further replies.