Mass state police programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowman3725

Premium Subscriber
Is there anything in the database that provides all the info required to set up a MSP talkgroup? Something that has the ID, control channels, and tags altogether?

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
What type of scanner are you trying to program? The info in the MA database for MSP is in good shape, but we may have a ready-made file available for download at Scan New England in the downloads section. Link is in my signature. Not trying to steer you away from RR, but it just might be an easy way to get you started.

OnionButter

If you are using PSREdit, WIn500, etc...and have a RR subscription (looks like you do) you can easily download the necessary bits right through the software. I mainly use PSREdit and found it to be pretty straight forward -- especially after an hour or two of tinkering.

You could also try out the files that Scott mentioned.

If you're programming directly on the scanner...well...yuck! :)

- Chris

snowman3725

Premium Subscriber
Scanner is.a gre310, and I program it with arc310 with all of MSP but I'm looking for specific C/C's for my area, instead of A-PTL-1 I want specific objects like troop A-1 A-2 A-3 etc....

cg

Premium Subscriber
A1, A2, A3, etc would be different barracks within a troop (Troop A). The database listings on either site have the breakdown for Talkgroup A-PTL-1 and A-PTL-2 as to which barracks uses which TGID.

chris

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
snowman - where are you located? (more or less)

snowman3725

Premium Subscriber
OK I think I found what I'm looking for, I've recently become visually impared so I don't pick up things I should, thank you everyone for your help

snowman3725

Premium Subscriber
Just an observation too, the RR database import in the ARC software doesn't have the Eastern MA Simulcast listed as a TSYS site

Status
Not open for further replies.