Mass State Police Troop boundaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a list/map of boundaries of Mass State Police troops as it relates to highways. For instance what troops cover sections of I-495 and I-93.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

ecps92

Old map and not even sure what it means by Ch,1/Ch.2 as those to me would point to low Band and are the wrong channels
Wonder if it means example H-PTL-1 vs H-PTL-2 for channel names - but still in error for some

Not a map, but the breakdown of who patrols what/where

Good info here, including a map you can click on to enlarge:

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Not a map, but they do list all the barracks, and if you click on the ones of interest in the area they have a paragraph about specific areas they cover or concentrate on and what towns they serve. For example B-3 Springfield says their primary role is I-91/I-291/I-391 and Westover ARB but doesn't have primary responsibility as all tows in their area have their own full time PD. Westfield Barracks states they only cover parts of the MassPike, etc.

mavrickma

Not exacts, but...
Troop H does the south end to roughly Franklin on 495, Troop C is Bellingham up to roughly Bolton, then Troop A from there up to 95 on the north end. I think Troop D takes over closer to the Cape, maybe down where it becomes 28?

93 is split between Troop A and Troop H. Troop H is on the south end, Troop A on the northern end.

ecps92

found these others on-line
1649344307727.png

Not exacts, but...
Troop H does the south end to roughly Franklin on 495, Troop C is Bellingham up to roughly Bolton, then Troop A from there up to 95 on the north end. I think Troop D takes over closer to the Cape, maybe down where it becomes 28?

93 is split between Troop A and Troop H. Troop H is on the south end, Troop A on the northern end.

gillham

Feed Provider
Old map and not even sure what it means by Ch,1/Ch.2 as those to me would point to low Band and are the wrong channels
Wonder if it means example H-PTL-1 vs H-PTL-2 for channel names - but still in error for some

Not a map, but the breakdown of who patrols what/where

Yeah - I slapped that map together, and I've since misplaced or lost that .PSD file to update it.
The Ch 1, 2, or 3 designation was just that, H-PTL-1, 2, 3..

A lot of it was outlined based on what I found on the web for what Barracks covered what towns - however it's not a hard fast rule.. since A4 definitely doesn't cover 95/128 in Burlington/Woburn and A6 does.

This served more as a cheat sheet for me - in the car - for when traveling out West or to CT, to figure out what Troop/Barracks would be relevant for listening.

Pacmannion

Well the boundaries will be changing soon in the Boston area.

H-4 (Boston/Lower Basin) barracks has been closed since August 2019 for renovations and expansion. Granted, I don't know if COVID delayed them, but supposedly it should be complete come fall 2022 and when that happens H-4 and H-5 (Brighton/Upper Basin) will be merged and located at the H-4 barracks, at least according to this notice on Mass.gov.

ecps92

H-5 (Brighton) was retired, shortly after H-4 (Boston/Leverett) began living/working out of Brighton during the Leverett/Museum of Science construction, and if I recall then the current Brighton location (Lease) will end when the construction is completed

Well the boundaries will be changing soon in the Boston area.

H-4 (Boston/Lower Basin) barracks has been closed since August 2019 for renovations and expansion. Granted, I don't know if COVID delayed them, but supposedly it should be complete come fall 2022 and when that happens H-4 and H-5 (Brighton/Upper Basin) will be merged and located at the H-4 barracks, at least according to this notice on Mass.gov.

Status
Not open for further replies.