Mass State Police Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefox10

Premium Subscriber
mmm..... really. All 3 of my scanners (inc. 2 sds 100) I have a bank of MSP. Getting A PTL 1, SOPS, but no more GANG -A? Have to listen closer or check my program. There are multiple GANG -A's which one are you getting?

ecps92

ecps92

Great update for MA

I would suggest you browse the CT Forums and post there as there are plenty over there and likely when you say suddenly
it is more just noticed, as the MA system changed over ~2+ yrs ago and CT has made changes to the statewide system
since (maybe wrong) early last spring.

That was my solution - I picked some other bank of channels- NOW I am really picking up lots

Can you give any CT SP suggestions? Suddenly they dropped off and I must miss something

garys

Premium Subscriber
CSP is now using Phase 2 only on their system. If your scanner isn't capable of Phase 2 reception, then you are out of luck. That change occured last spring as ecps92 pointed out. In addition to the CSP, there are now a growing number of towns on the statewide trunk system.

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
I now have an antenna on my house roof for better reception. when I do a Full Database scan on Commonwealth Of Mass. I see frequency activity on Chester and Western Mass South yet I hear no one. Do I need to do something on my SDS200 on global?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Chester covers only a few square miles and is a fill in site, I would lock it out unless you go to Chester State Forest in MA.. The Control Channel for Troop B South is 853.9000. If you are close to a CLMRN tower for Troop K, that is 853.9125 and may block reception.

chris

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
I couldn't find this one in the MSP system in the database- 59408. It's either digital or encrypted (maybe both). I'm guessing it could be radio techs, their digital ones also begin with "5". Heard it on I-95 around Norwood maybe 2 weeks ago. It was all garbled repeater type noise. I forgot I had saved it to look it up later

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Good news! Just found out today that MSP will not be going Encrypted on the regular channels. They might be on the Narcotics, Gang and other SOPS channels... Waiting for the word!
I hope you're right, and hope they keep the SOPS channels open. Every time I see activity on one I immediately hit hold, always good entertainment. I remember the day before Thanksgiving I was hearing extensive activity from Troop A-SOPS busting scumbags in Lawrence. They were all driving Durangos and were afraid 3 black Dodge Durangos parked in a row was tipping people off 😂

Mudhog13

Bad news, there is going to be encrypted channels... 100% confirmed today... Sorry everyone.. Not all channels... There is going to be Aptl-1,2,3,4,5,6,7... 6 and 7 encrypted... SOPS 9, 10,11,12,13,14 encrypted.... And DHS, DIS all encrypted!

ecps92

FYI MSP DHS is not the Federal DHS before anyone gets some wide-eyed ideas :)
Bad news, there is going to be encrypted channels... 100% confirmed today... Sorry everyone.. Not all channels... There is going to be Aptl-1,2,3,4,5,6,7... 6 and 7 encrypted... SOPS 9, 10,11,12,13,14 encrypted.... And DHS, DIS all encrypted!

ecps92

Yes, some folks are aware of that, was pointing out to the other 90% who might begin to a$$-u-me that the FEDS are begining to use the MSP/Commonwealth TRS :)

But I [IMHO] don't see the A/C/D/H ENC TG's popping up anytime soon, till the ComIRS is expanded to replace the existing analog networks
Department of Homeland Security (State Police Department)

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
I would think CoMIRS will operate the same as RISCON . The RI SP dispatch TG for the South and North zones is in the clear and any license checks are on a different TG encrypted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.