Mass State Police Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

With the amount of Laptops/iPads out there, no more need of an NCIC Check Channel, except for the need to follow thru with "proper" Hit Confirmation to ensure the NCIC Entry is still valid. Otherwise, no need for Voice Comms
I would think CoMIRS will operate the same as RISCON . The RI SP dispatch TG for the South and North zones is in the clear and any license checks are on a different TG encrypted!!

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
Bill,
I don't know how much RISCON RI SP traffic you listen to but you never hear another cruiser talk to another cruiser like you do on the MSP. You never hear a RI SP trooper ask for a 9&10 or a papers check in the clear. I am just saying be ready for change.

LD723

Bad news, there is going to be encrypted channels... 100% confirmed today... Sorry everyone.. Not all channels... There is going to be Aptl-1,2,3,4,5,6,7... 6 and 7 encrypted... SOPS 9, 10,11,12,13,14 encrypted.... And DHS, DIS all encrypted!
The ptl primary channels are gonna be encrypted or just the secondaries? I'm kind of confused I'm only interested in the B talkgroups like B ptl 1 and 2

ecps92

Until it happens, it is all "SPECULATION" and subject to change
I would say any changes, additions to Talkgroups would occur in B-Troop first as that is already on the ComIRS [P25] system
where-as C, D, A/H would need to be built-out

heck, look at the new C-PTL-4 Talkgroup that appeared out of "No Where" and took months for someone to Find/Confirm usage

The ptl primary channels are gonna be encrypted or just the secondaries? I'm kind of confused I'm only interested in the B talkgroups like B ptl 1 and 2

ecps92

Comparing the smallest state [but with the longest name] to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is like comparing an Apple and a Pineapple.

But as already stated, we are in a hobby forum and much of our discussions is true speculation, rumors and Fact occurs when we have some actual OTA [Over the Air] confirmations, which in the former 508/617 is a long [IMHO] time away

Bill,
I don't know how much RISCON RI SP traffic you listen to but you never hear another cruiser talk to another cruiser like you do on the MSP. You never hear a RI SP trooper ask for a 9&10 or a papers check in the clear. I am just saying be ready for change.

LD723

I would say any changes, additions to Talkgroups would occur in B-Troop first as that is already on the ComIRS [P25] system
I receive the South site and the Wilbraham site pretty clearly so I'll let you guys know if I notice anything. The only encrypted tg I get on the South site is 3615 which I would assume is the the radio techs. It's been like that for some years now they use ADP encryption so it's safe to assume it's them

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I noticed a new talkgroup has been added to the MSP database, 11024- DCR Quabbin and Wachusett Reservoirs.
What site/sites does this TG affilliate on? And does this new TG replace the VHF freq. I hear down here on coastal Ct. on 159.435? I enjoy listening to the bird chasers lol. Pretty fun listening. I can only hear the Cape Cod MSP site from here. I haven't heard that TG yet, and I doubt there would be a reason for it to affiliate on that site.
Thanks,
Bob
Milford, Ct.

ecps92

Analog 11024 has been for Wachusett Ops for years, altho rarely/never heard :)

I don't think [Could be wrong] that this has anything to do with Watershed Ops

I would think this would only affiliate with the Worcester area

I noticed a new talkgroup has been added to the MSP database, 11024- DCR Quabbin and Wachusett Reservoirs.
What site/sites does this TG affilliate on? And does this new TG replace the VHF freq. I hear down here on coastal Ct. on 159.435? I enjoy listening to the bird chasers lol. Pretty fun listening. I can only hear the Cape Cod MSP site from here. I haven't heard that TG yet, and I doubt there would be a reason for it to affiliate on that site.
Thanks,
Bob
Milford, Ct.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I remember a couple of years ago we were assured that the Conn SP was going to encrypt everything when they went to Phase 2.

heck, look at the new C-PTL-4 Talkgroup that appeared out of "No Where" and took months for someone to Find/Confirm usage

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Bad news, there is going to be encrypted channels... 100% confirmed today... Sorry everyone.. Not all channels... There is going to be Aptl-1,2,3,4,5,6,7... 6 and 7 encrypted... SOPS 9, 10,11,12,13,14 encrypted.... And DHS, DIS all encrypted!
I'm a bit confused. Depending in where you look Troop A has 6 or 7 TGs.
Moto and P25 have: PTL 1, PTL 2, PTL 3 (car to car)
Moto has: DET-A (k9/narc), ATG, GANG-A, GANG A
P25 has: GANG, SPEC SVCS, NARC

It would stand to reason once the P25 system is built out the GANG, NARC, etc. TGs will see encryption, but I don't think that will happen on the mostly Analog Moto system.

I only see 8 SOPS TGs, 1-8. Are you suggesting they are adding TGs?

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Hearing action on troop A gang ops right now as I type this. Damned shame they're going encrypted. Simulcast and encryption are slowly slaughtering this hobby

twosenses

Premium Subscriber

It would stand to reason once the P25 system is built out the GANG, NARC, etc. TGs will see encryption, but I don't think that will happen on the mostly Analog Moto system.

Per the MIFOG (Massachusetts Interoperability Field Operations Guide) document there are sixteen EVENT channels and sixteen Law Ops channels on CoMIRS "State 700/800 MHz Trunked Radio System". They don't list TGs but are listed as mixed Analog/Digital with Law Ops 9 through 16 being encrypted.

Not sure how they correspond to the talkgroups listed on RR though.

Mudhog13

Yes. They are adding TG's to the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.