BCT15X: Mass State Police Trunking System (Troops A-H) Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1MUD

I am working with a friend to program his BCT15X using the Freescan software, currently we have programed all the Barnstable county public service channels, these of which work perfectly fine. (BCSO2-5.pdf has the system written out for review). Now we have worked to program all of the Mass State Police channels Troops A-H into the scanner. I programmed it the exact same way as the BCSO trunked system. Which would make sense considering the MSP system runs the BCSO system, (Link to system page here). We only wanted to split them up in the scanner one for local units the other for State Police units. (The MSP8-16 features written out system of which is not working) We have programed the band plan of which we received from another forum, and programmed each site with the same band plan (In screenshot111). However the MSP section of our system is completely silent.

Does anyone know anything to fix this? I would post the Freescan file itself but Radio reference does not recognize its file type.

Thank you! Any help is appreciated let me know if more info is needed.

Much Appreciated!
KC1MUD

Attachments

• MSP8-16.pdf
    369.4 KB · Views: 18
  • BCSO2-5.pdf
    311.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot (111).png
    Screenshot (111).png
    304.3 KB · Views: 22

KC1MUD

Possibly figured out this issue maybe related to the way the sites were programmed the MSP system was programmed with every site on one quick key so, if I split them up amongst multiple quick keys I should be better. Looking further into this. Will update progress.

ecps92

Set your A/H up using ONLY Zone/Site 5, no need for the others, unless regularly traveling around
Primarily I use

Zone 8 - C Troop
Zone 5 - A/H Troops
Zone 3 - D Troop [Main Land]
Zone 4 and 6 - Cape Cod

If you put in ALL the Control Channels [28+] you may end up locking onto another site or system, not part of your MSP monitoring
from your location - best to limit to the Geographic areas you are actually in at that time

Possibly figured out this issue maybe related to the way the sites were programmed the MSP system was programmed with every site on one quick key so, if I split them up amongst multiple quick keys I should be better. Looking further into this. Will update progress.

Nascar18

Premium Subscriber
KC1,
Looking at your screenshot. I noticed you have the "Site Type" as rebanded. Try using MOT Standard Type II for the Site Setup. For Trunked System Setup , Type MOT type II/ P25. I also only enter the control frequencies for trunk frequencies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Most of the Cape police departments are on their conventional 800Mhz channels, not the MSP trunk. The FDs operate on the trunk, but on my last trip down there I heard a good deal of low band activity.

The MSP doesn't run the BCSO system. The BCSO system uses the Motorola Controller Core owned by the MSP. As do most of the other trunk systems in MA. So, don't bother to put BCSO trunk frequencies in.

If you are in Barnstable then you want the Zone 4 frequencies. I haven't used a BC15X in some time, but I believe it uses Control Channel Only trunking. If so, just put in the control channel frequencies.

If you want to hear Troop H, then you need to enter Zone 3. That said, you'll only get H Patrol 2 as it's the Talk Group used by the areas that border Troop D.

All of that is assuming that you're using this as a base station. If it's going to be in a vehicle, then you should set up each Zone as a different Uniden "site." That way your friend can turn sites on or off as he drives around.

KC1MUD

For those who posted here figured I would update you all, I reduced the number of sites on the system and split them up a bit. (per the suggestion of ecps92) Now the scanner is able to receive all MSP transmissions I want perfectly. Thank you for your help.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Does anyone know anything to fix this? I would post the Freescan file itself but Radio reference does not recognize its file type.
Looking at your screenshot. I noticed you have the "Site Type" as rebanded. Try using MOT Standard Type II for the Site Setup.
You need to right click on the FreeSCAN file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. The Upper and Mid Cape site in Barnstable County can use the Site Type of Mot 800MHz Standard (Type II). The other 2 sites in Barnstable County require a Site Type of Mot Custom/Reband Type II. You must also enter this band plan in the first 2 positions of the table:
Band PlanBase Freq (lower)Base Freq (upper)SpacingOffset
1851.025854.000025 khz440
2851.0125868.987525 khz0

ecps92

Glad it worked for you
For those who posted here figured I would update you all, I reduced the number of sites on the system and split them up a bit. (per the suggestion of ecps92) Now the scanner is able to receive all MSP transmissions I want perfectly. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.