Mass State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnasium21

Hi All,
I am trying to program my BCD325P2 scanner to listen to MSP Troops D, F, & H. I am using FreeScan, and I believe that I am doing it correctly. But when I try to listen, all I hear is the Boston Transportation Department Talkgroups. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to only listen to what is programmed?

Is there a certain site that I should be listening to?

Thanks in advance!

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Are you programming them in manually?
Sounds like you only have Zone 1 programmed in. You want Zone 05, and possibly Zone 03.
If you manually programmed in Zone 05, make sure you set it for rebanded as well.

Am I doing something wrong?
Here's a hint.

After you get all of the data entered, you can run the scanner as "ID Scan" or "ID Search"

"ID Scan" mode scans only the IDs that you have entered.

"ID Search" mode scans every talk group on the system. (Even traffic you don't care to listen to.

The mode shows on the screen while it's scanning.

To toggle modes, press "FN+SCAN"

There is also a setting in FREEScan for it.

Here's the "Easier to Read" manual for your scanner.

Easier to Read BCD325P2 Digital Scanner Manual

Great scanner - enjoy!

jnasium21

Just added in the other zones using FreeSCAN, and it works wonderfully. I also toggled the mode, which I never knew about. Thank you both for everything!!!

ecps92

Unless you are in the true, Metro Boston area, the chances of getting "Troop F aka Massport" are slim
Massport is on the ComIRS [P25] site of 35 and is tightly designed to cover the Airport and waterfront [Cargo / Cruise] Only

What is your specific monitoring location
Hi All,
I am trying to program my BCD325P2 scanner to listen to MSP Troops D, F, & H. I am using FreeScan, and I believe that I am doing it correctly. But when I try to listen, all I hear is the Boston Transportation Department Talkgroups. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to only listen to what is programmed?

Is there a certain site that I should be listening to?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.