Massachusetts Environmental Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

quail_t

Hi
I am looking for the high band frequency of the Massachusetts Environmental Police?
they have 3 low bands that are sometimes used car to car. The high band is dispatch to car.
thanks

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
Mass Environmental Police use the MSP trunked smartzone system/COMIRS. Here in SE Mass I mostly hear them on TG 39152 (MEP-1) or 2445 (MEP-1) on COMIRS. AFAIK they're dispatched by MEMA State Control. They recently changed they're TG use scheme and I believe there may no longer be a East/West dispatch, both MEP-1 and MEP-3 are patched. MEP-2 and MEP-4 are used for "tactical" comms between units, like when they're doing ORV enforcement operations. I haven't been out west to confirm this though.

There is no "high band" dispatch.

Last edited:

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Unleashed is 100% correct in his assessment. MEP 1 and 3 are patched now and operate on both systems in simulcast.

ecps92

Since 800 is higher than the old 3x.xx low band they used to use, some "Officers on many a department" refer to the 800 as "High" band as it is higher than what they used before... and if/when heard on the radio leads folks down the VHF [High] rabbtit hole

Mass Environmental Police, are self dispatched from their Boston location, not by MEMA in Framingham

Mass Environmental Police use the MSP trunked smartzone system/COMIRS. Here in SE Mass I mostly hear them on TG 39152 (MEP-1) or 2445 (MEP-1) on COMIRS. AFAIK they're dispatched by MEMA State Control. They recently changed they're TG use scheme and I believe there may no longer be a East/West dispatch, both MEP-1 and MEP-3 are patched. MEP-2 and MEP-4 are used for "tactical" comms between units, like when they're doing ORV enforcement operations. I haven't been out west to confirm this though.

There is no "high band" dispatch.

garys

Premium Subscriber
MEP 1 and MEP 3 or MEP 1 and MEP4?

Interestingly, I heard some car to car traffic on MEP 2 over the weekend. I don't recall ever hearing it before.

Unleashed is 100% correct in his assessment. MEP 1 and 3 are patched now and operate on both systems in simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.