Massachusetts main state page missing a statewide TRS under areawide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
The Massachusetts P25 system is missing under the "areawide" listing at the bottom of the main state page.

I would think this system: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7127

Should be listed here under areawide (see screenshot).
MA_areawide.png

Right now one has to go down to the State Police level to find it. I can't think of a reason it wouldn't be considered "areawide" if the SmartZone system is.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
According to the database listing for the new MA digital trunked system, that system is not yet in use statewide. Normal site policy is to only list a statewide system on the state level page once that system is fully built out. While it is being built out, it is only listed on lower level pages where it is pertinent (i.e., on the TRS list for counties where it is active and on the pages of state agencies using the system).

Pennsylvania's new trunked system is currently listed the same way because it is still being built out.

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is in the counties that currently have transmitter sites or designed coverage under "Commonwealth of Massachusetts". Probably should be listed as "Massachusetts, Commonwealth of" (imagine if every DB listing said "Town of XXX"?)
Smartzone has transmitters and areas of coverage in every county.
FYI, the State designated name for the system is "CoMIRS", so if you see that, it is referring to the P25 system

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.