Massachusetts state police frequencies update

Status
Not open for further replies.

svtlcpdmedic

Premium Subscriber
Dose anyone know if MSP have upgraded their system to APCO P25 for all the zones or are they still working on doing this? Any information would be appreciated included P25 frequencies.

Thanks

gordon115

Most zones in the MSP system have a limited number of P25 capable frequencies. For example the zone 5 system that covers the Boston area has 3 P25 capable frequencies out of 10. P25 seems to get little use at this time other than the radio techs. My understanding is that the Troop B system in Western Mass will be fully P25 capable when the new sites are built out.

Additional info here

Mass State Police Statewide Trunking System

Gordon

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
On a side note, I really hope they don't go completely p25. I had a hard time spending 200.00 on a scanner let alone 500.00 for one.

ecps92

Which new Systems??

Info comes from ""us"" users, so if you know of, or hear a new system pass it along.

However the MSP has been running fine as is, with only One New Zone added in 2-4 years [and that was on the Cape, and not much activity has been reported on it.]

B-Troop ? Probably a long time off, unless there is a massive infussion of $$$$ to [build the towers, run the lines, infrastructure equip etc]

I guess I was wondering about the new systems that are mention on that web site.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Well I was mainly thinking of B-Troup area along with C-7 in central Ma.

Which new Systems??

Info comes from ""us"" users, so if you know of, or hear a new system pass it along.

However the MSP has been running fine as is, with only One New Zone added in 2-4 years [and that was on the Cape, and not much activity has been reported on it.]

B-Troop ? Probably a long time off, unless there is a massive infussion of $$$$ to [build the towers, run the lines, infrastructure equip etc]

ecps92

Nothing new has been Monitored for C-Troop or B-Troop.

B-Troop outside of Springfield/Holyoke is stil using Low-Band with the exception of some area that have Stand-Alone Conventional Repeaters

Well I was mainly thinking of B-Troup area along with C-7 in central Ma.

Status
Not open for further replies.