Massanutten Resort LTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
I’m here visiting massanutten resort on vacation and I don’t believe the ltr system in the database is correct or something. It’s not tracking properly and the lcn is not in numerical order in the database. It’s seems to go 1,3,5,6. I thought it was supposed to go 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc.

Is massanutten even still on the ltr system? Does anyone know? License appears to be active.

kc4jgc

I don't live up there but unless someone says otherwise the LCN is correct. The LCN doesn't have to be sequential. I don't recall any LTR system that was set up like that. In your scanner, try entering the freqs as listed. For this system, enter the freq on LCN 1, skip LCN 2, enter LCN 3, skip LCN 4, enter LCN 5 & LCN 6. It should work for you then.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I think I was the one that originally submitted it back in 2005. I remember researching how to determine the LCN on an LTR system. I submitted what I came out with. I do remember hearing communications that seemed to be correct at the time, but that was a long time ago and I haven't listened since.

leonzo

Premium Subscriber
I think I was the one that originally submitted it back in 2005. I remember researching how to determine the LCN on an LTR system. I submitted what I came out with. I do remember hearing communications that seemed to be correct at the time, but that was a long time ago and I haven't listened since.

I listened earlier this year and I did receive traffic just very little of it. I am going back there this Friday so if something has changed I will post it.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
So many of these LTR systems are migrating to DMR, I wouldn't at all be surprised if that is in progress here too

Mike

leonzo

Premium Subscriber
I have been at Masanutten for about 24 hours now. The information in the database is still correct. The Massanutten Resort LTR trunked system is still working. I only hear one talkgroup Great Eastern Security talking on it. I also have noticed a recurring issue with my Uniden BCD 436HP handheld scanner. It will stop receiving the Rockingham County TRS system for periods of time and then mysteriously start receiving it again. This doesn't happen with the Whistler TRX-1 scanner or my Uniden SDS100 scanner. Very strange!

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
...I also have noticed a recurring issue with my Uniden BCD 436HP handheld scanner. It will stop receiving the Rockingham County TRS system for periods of time and then mysteriously start receiving it again. This doesn't happen with the Whistler TRX-1 scanner or my Uniden SDS100 scanner. Very strange!
I would give the x36 scanners around an 8/10 for receiving the HR system. The audio is isn't great, and I think the scanner is receiving some multi-path distortion in some areas. This causes issues with the scanner receiving the control channel. When you add other trunked systems or conventional channels to scan, the x36's have issues returning to the the CC for this system. It seems to work best when you only scan the HR system, so you can stay on the CC.

leonzo

Premium Subscriber
I would give the x36 scanners around an 8/10 for receiving the HR system. The audio is isn't great, and I think the scanner is receiving some multi-path distortion in some areas. This causes issues with the scanner receiving the control channel. When you add other trunked systems or conventional channels to scan, the x36's have issues returning to the the CC for this system. It seems to work best when you only scan the HR system, so you can stay on the CC.

Okay, thanks for the information

cshiffy105

Premium Subscriber
I have a direct view of the mountain chain from my back deck in Fluvanna County and can hear the Wintergreen LTR system on a BCD436 just fine. I can say that there is very little traffic during the off season but during snow season it is very active. Even being at such a distance the quality is not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.