Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Via Facebook

Obviously, the part about not being scannable in incorrect

Massillon Police Department
11 hrs ·

Attention: ScannerLand:

MPD has gone digital. We have ditched the old analog 154.86 MHZ frequency system that we have used since Love Boat was popular.

We are now on a digital 800mhz digital trunk system. Now I'm not a radio guy by any means, but I do not believe you can scan these new digital radios. I know many will not be happy, and used their scanner for years and years of entertainment, but like most LEOs, I prefer to have a more secure radio system...or at least one that's more difficult to monitor...for obvious safety reasons.

My personal feedback is that they're very clear, and work very well. A huge improvement over the old system. This didn't cost the city any money. They were donated by the Ohio Dept of Public Safety. As I've said many, many times: You have to have the right tools to do the job.

Peace ✌️

Sgt B Muntean

gobeit

Home Patrol 2 / Massillon PD

I have the Home Patrol 2 and I am not picking up the Massillon PD since they moved over to their new frequencies. I can manually input them however they are not up to date on radio reference. Any suggestions?

bjmyers17

UPDATED TGID's

I have the Home Patrol 2 and I am not picking up the Massillon PD since they moved over to their new frequencies. I can manually input them however they are not up to date on radio reference. Any suggestions?

Hey there! Massillon PD is operating on Canton/Stark County Motorola Type II Smartzone and their talkgroup ID is 18160 (primary dispatch) and 18192 (channel 2)

gobeit

Thank you; I have the Canton / Stark County link up and Massillon is not listed in the drop down box on the Home Patrol scanner. Maybe my software needs updated?

bjmyers17

Not totally familiar with the Home Patrol. However, do you receive North Canton FD on your system?

Nasby

Thank you; I have the Canton / Stark County link up and Massillon is not listed in the drop down box on the Home Patrol scanner. Maybe my software needs updated?

Update your database or manually enter the Massillon PD talkgroups into your Homepatrol under the Stark Co. 800 system.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
And I just verified the same. The current Sentinel db includes the Massillon PD1/2 talk groups. They are listed under "County Police Departments" on the Canton/Stark County system.

Status
Not open for further replies.