Massive Man Hunt, Lakeland, Officers Shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
There is a massive man hunt in Lakeland, FL. Two police officers, and one K-9 have been shot (condition unknown). Man is still on the loose. Three schools on lock-down.

khvfdff

GreatLakes said:
There is a massive man hunt in Lakeland, FL. Two police officers, and one K-9 have been shot (condition unknown). Man is still on the loose. Three schools on lock-down.

Yes anyone monitoring this board put it on CNN or CNN Headline News or Fox News Channel or Local stations.

bigbluemsp

R.I.P. I have a buddy that works for Polk County.

I've been trying to see if he is ok...... Still no word on him.

red8

What is this? Is this National Shoot A Police Officer Day? Imean after
Houston last week, Lakeland, Fl. and Montgomery, Al. I heard on Fox
News (Shepard Smith) that there were 3 deputies killed in the shooting in Lakeland, And in the Montgomery incident the officer shot
was off duty. And what get me is shen the media reports this stuff
they always say it occured during a "routine situation"(i,e) traffic stop. Having been a cop for over 23 years I want to set it for the record. In law enforcement there is no such thing as a "routine" anything. A lot of good officers have died during "routine" incidents.
A lot of them!!!!!!!!!!

bigbluemsp

My buddy is ok. It was a real close close friend of his and a co/worker. A person he hung out with after work.

I pray for the other deputys survival.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I know a few cops myself. I feel sorry for the family has to go through this. I hope they caught the guy I haven't heard much of after I went to work I hope the other officer is doing better I hope that person gets life in prison or death...

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Suspect hit 68 times, 110 rounds fired by 10 SWAT team members.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said the following - "I suspect the only reason 110 rounds was all that was fired was that's all the ammunition they had. We were not going to take any chance of him shooting back."

Now that's what I'M talkin' about!!! Makes me proud that I was born and raised in Polk County. Sissy, P.C. law enforcement need not apply.

I do wish however, that Deputy Williams had been wearing some sort of protection. He might have had a fighting chance had he worn a vest. You'd think that wearing a vest would be mandatory. Hopefully this incident will encourage the policy-makers to reconsider.

I'll be praying for Mrs. Williams and her children.

spiritwolfpr

Hello Friends:
I had worked security for a long time.I had
worked in Orlando,Florida and in Puerto Rico.
I knew some very good and talented officers in
Florida.
I had to use my gun one time in florida and i know how it feels,
to work in bad places.
I remember when two O.P.D.officers were shot, one
of them later died.The other one is in a wheell chair.
(this happend about 5 yrs ago)
I'm very sorry for the officers W.I.A. and K.I.A. my respect and prairs goes to them

W.I.A.=Wonded In Action K.I.A.=Killed In Action

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I used to work for PCSO as ERT, left in 1998
I worked with Matt a few times, very nice guy. He will be missed.
Gone but not forgotton.
*TAPS*
God bless his family.

scanjunkie

Man, oh, man...this is just getting ridiculous. I grew up having nothing but respect and admiration for law enforcment and all emergency services personel. That's one of the main reasons I got involved in the fire service. How anyone can have such a dead heart to be able to shoot someone who would die protecting them is beyond me. These killings are getting out of hand. God bless the officers and their families and God Bless and protect all of us in the emergency services.

ctrabs74

jrmarlowe said:
Suspect hit 68 times, 110 rounds fired by 10 SWAT team members.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said the following - "I suspect the only reason 110 rounds was all that was fired was that's all the ammunition they had. We were not going to take any chance of him shooting back."

Now that's what I'M talkin' about!!! Makes me proud that I was born and raised in Polk County. Sissy, P.C. law enforcement need not apply.

Amen! The PC/"drum circle"/hollistic approach of the Philadelphia Police just doesn't cut it. I wouldn't want to be a criminal in Polk County (or anywhere in Florida for that matter).

Status
Not open for further replies.