Massive Multi- Alarm fire in Conshohocken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-ball

Yea, 200 blk of Washington Street in the borough of Conshohocken, multi alarm inferno, some collapsing. It is the Riverwalk building, which is a fifty-one million dollar upscale complex, it has spread to neighboring buildings and as of 9pm, it is still not deemed "under control". Approx. 20 fire companies out at this blaze, 375 people displaced, smoke visible from the expressway i-76...Event channels are going crazy.

Q-ball

this is classified as an "all points fire" so like was said by septa 337, depts as far as 20 miles away are on standby...what a shame for the residents.

Septa3371CSX1

I'll take a gamble and say our friend benrussellpa is on scene trying to help fight this massive blaze. This apartment complex is (well, was) very upscale. I'm sure many valuables have been lost in this blaze including things that can't be replaced. So far, the one thing that can't be replaced in anyway has not been lost - human lives.

Ya I was down there tonight, what a clusterf**k. . . . . .

Hey Q-Ball, you werent there offering some assistance with your never ending vast of knowledge?

chankel

Premium Subscriber
I know people who work close by the fire scene, so I will hope their office is unaffected and that they're all right until I hear back from them. If not directly affected then they may have a bit of a hard time getting to their office, although that is nothing compared to those people who lost everything they own. The media identified the origin of the fire as a former industrial building that was undergoing conversion into more apartments, and that it was a wood frame. I don't know what the building used to be but many of those old wood frames and floors tended to get soaked with or treated with potentially flammable chemicals (creosote, turpentine, and petroleum-based waxes). Fox reporters were describing the fire "jumping" from building to building but that depends on wind conditions. I am inclined to believe that at least some of the spread of flames was due to the raw radiant heat from the original fire building.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I'll take a gamble and say our friend benrussellpa is on scene trying to help fight this massive blaze. This apartment complex is (well, was) very upscale. I'm sure many valuables have been lost in this blaze including things that can't be replaced. So far, the one thing that can't be replaced in anyway has not been lost - human lives.

Actually, I was working OT when this call came in (paycheck comes first)...didn't get to experience this nightmare. I did get to see the smoke plume while I was stuck in gridlock with another coworker trying to get to the turnpike...that's about it for me.

The images from this fire are just amazing to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.