Massive New Haven Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadjammer

Big time condo fire in New Haven today. During the operation a couple of times incident command called for a "PAR" where the dispatcher calls each unit at the scene and waits for a response. Does anyone know what the letters PAR stands for? They even included engine 21 which I believe was a West Haven engine at the scene. Amazing fire. Hot spots still l burning after six hours.

KI4SXZ

Its Personnel Accountability Report. Basically it when each officer reports in that he has eyes on each on of his crew and they are all good. Usually done every 10 mins or so, but that depends on the department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Jammer The rundown for the alarm was as follows

1st Alarm - E-11, E-4, E-9, T-2, Sq-2, Em-2, Car 34(west battalion)

2nd Alarm - E-5, E-6, Sq-1, T-1, Car 32 (Deputy Chief / Shift commander), Car 31 (C.o.D.), Car 42, Car 50,

3rd Alarm - E-8, E-10, T-4, Car 33 (east battalion), plus the Drill Master / academy personnel

Cover Companies:
Engine 15 acting Engine 9
Engine 17 acting Engine 4
Engine 16 Acting Engine 5
Truck 3 relocated to Grand Avenue

West Haven Engine 21 acting Engine 11, then called to scene for 5-inch hose water supply
West Haven Engine 25 became Acting Engine 11
Hamden sent an Engine to Whitney Avenue (I believe it was Engine 3)
Not Sure if East haven went to Woodward Avenue

New Haven Call Back saw Truck 1A running as "Truck 5" and Engine 4A and "Engine 1" if I heard the radio and remembered correctly.

They ended up going back the other day for a re-kindle also.

Also the operations of Channel 2 have been working out great as of late. On any box alarm / reported fire they immediately switch to channel 2 enroute instead of waiting for the working fire to be declared.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
New haven been busy this month there has been at least 5 structure fires if not more this kinth and now they have another on on james st (12-30-16) the fred has been down somi hope that gets fixed quick i enjoy listening to them

Status
Not open for further replies.