• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Master III 2175Hz Debounce

I apologize if this has been discussed somewhere else, I did try searching relevant terms.

We are using Tone Control on our area base radio, with 4 wire tone remotes. Occasionally on the line there is a popping sound that comes from the backhaul(VOIP). When the tone remote is keying the radio and one of the occasional pops occurs, the radio will sense a "NO TONE" and the radio will stop transmitting.

It looks like the radio has a function specifically for this, in the Configure Radio>Remote Control section. The 2175 debounce timer according to the help menu should delay the radio from executing a "NO TONE" function for a selected amount of time if it senses a loss of the 2175 hold Tone. I have set that to the max(2.5 seconds), for testing purposes, but the radio still seems to stop transmitting as soon as the hold tone goes away, In my mind the radio should remain keyed for an additional 2.5 seconds after the tone remote ptt is released. I have also tried to simulate the popping by using a momentary push button to short the TX pair of the tone remote, the radio does decode a No tone followed by a return of the 2175 hold tone when I try testing it. Neither the debounce nor adding a timer before the stop remote PTT function in the No Tone table, seems to achieve the desired effect.

Is there something I'm missing (I usually assume there is).

Solved;

The 2175 debounce timer works with the "2175hz Off" function instead of the "No Tone" function. I Null'd the "No Tone" functions and added the "Stop, Remote PTT, Start, Enable Scan" to the "2175hz Off" list and the 2175hz debounce timer works as advertised.

I also had to enable the "HOLD 2175" in the Remote Configuration screen. This is why I Null'd the "no tone" list, the help screen discusses these two functions can be conflicting.

Jl942264

Premium Subscriber
how do you have the audio IP'd over to the radio? im looking to set something like this up?

We are using TCCommunications TC-3846-6 at our Office Locations and a TC-3846-6 with a TC-8926 at our Base locations. The 3846-6 is a 4 port 4-wire analog over IP device that allows you to point each port at different targets. they also have a 2-wire version if that is what your system requires. We have multiple offices controlling multiple bases for a large area, so these work well for our needs. The 8926 is a Hoot-N-Hollar device that we have at our base locations, it takes all of the 4 wire circuits from our offices, gives everything a nice 600 Ohm load, and prevents echoing due to different latencies in the IP network.

If your IP network is stable and low latency the 8926 may not be necessary, but I also like the fact that I can plug in several devices of varying impedance and the radio always sees a clean 600 ohm load, as does the other equipment.