• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Master III Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernblue

I have an Ericsson Master III repeater that has the narrow band feature built in it (All of the modules have the two white strips on the modules). In the programming software it has a setting that will let you switch it from wide band to narrow band. When I select narrow band and upload the new configurations the repeater. The repeater acts like it is still in wideband mode because it will still accept a 4 Khz signal with not problem. It appears that the narrow band setting is not uploading or the repeater is not switching to narrow band. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
When you read the repeater, does it come back out as narrow? Selecting the narrow option on a repeater isn't going to cause it to reject wide transmissions it receives. There are some takeaways when that happens, but it will probably work okay (mostly).

jackj

I believe that most of the narrow band options in the programing only effect the transmit side of the repeater, deviation, pre-emphasis, etc. The receiver's bandwidth probably won't change, just the de-emphasis and audio gain levels.

K

kb0nly

Setting it to narrowband only affects the transmit, it doesn't make it reject wideband signals on the receive. As long as its transmitting narrowband then your ok.

Northernblue

Setting it to narrowband only affects the transmit, it doesn't make it reject wideband signals on the receive. As long as its transmitting narrowband then your ok.

Thank you everyone for the information, you are correct it does change the transmit. I was able to verify this today. Now I can finally finish up this project!

KA2FWN

when you set a mastr iii to NB/WB it only switches the if filter for 12.5khz / 25khz.
you will need to go into the program and change the tx levels. i have done it hundreds of times, right now i'm doing 3 for a 911 backup. if you need more info i can help you get it right!
bob

Status
Not open for further replies.