Matawan Fire Tac

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

Can anyone verify if 154.3550 PL 151.4 is Matawan Fire Fireground/Tac 1? It was listed in the database here but has been removed, I assume because they don't hold a valid FCC license for it. However, if it's a low power tactical channel, they would be permitted to use it without a license. It needs to be put back into the database if they do use it, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone verify if 154.3550 PL 151.4 is Matawan Fire Fireground/Tac 1? It was listed in the database here but has been removed, I assume because they don't hold a valid FCC license for it. However, if it's a low power tactical channel, they would be permitted to use it without a license. It needs to be put back into the database if they do use it, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

This frequency is already in the database with a repeater assignment and different PL tone; see below:

154.35500 151.22000 KNGG787 RM 167.9 PL MC Fire 9 Fire 9 (Brielle Fireground) FM Fire-Tac

I am not certain how close these two are geographically; I'll do some digging for a license for Matawan on the same frequency.

DJ88

This frequency is already in the database with a repeater assignment and different PL tone; see below:

154.35500 151.22000 KNGG787 RM 167.9 PL MC Fire 9 Fire 9 (Brielle Fireground) FM Fire-Tac

I am not certain how close these two are geographically; I'll do some digging for a license for Matawan on the same frequency.

Agreed it's already in the database, but as you said, with a different PL tone than Matawan uses. I can understand duplication of frequencies using the same tone being deleted, but when in this case a different tone is used, and if it was in fact deleted because of that (I don't really know) it should be left in. And geographicaly, Brielle is near the shore while Matawan is in the western part of the county. They're miles apart.

I don't mean to sound harsh here if I do, I'm in agreement about deletion of duplicates, but we can't overdo this.

I did a FCC search by frequency and licensee and also did a geographical search but came up with nothing.

Highpockets

I was checking my records, and the database has Asbury Park marked as Fire/EMS dispatched by the County, well the County is 154.430 PL 151.4 my records say Asbury is 154.430 PL 146.2. I don't see that listed, how are we supposed to know that now by looking at the database. Or has the PL changed and they are dispatched by County with the 151.4 PL.

Also we used to be able to see the District next to the freq in each town, what's up?

Also, are they going to leave Fire and EMS in the same catagory, I thought they would separate them.

DJ88

Steve
154.4300 PL 146.2 is the old fire and EMS dispatch frequency for Asbury Park, when they dispatched in house. County dispatches them now on 154.4300 PL 151.4 and they also get dispatched on 151.1675, their digital fire tac frequency. I don't know if it's a simulcast or not.

The district numbers are going to be listed in the sub categories.(where it says "Dispatched by Monmouth County". I submitted that info today.

As for splitting fire and EMS, if one of the admins wants to do it, it could be done that way.

Highpockets

Steve
154.4300 PL 146.2 is the old fire and EMS dispatch frequency for Asbury Park, when they dispatched in house. County dispatches them now on 154.4300 PL 151.4 and they also get dispatched on 151.1675, their digital fire tac frequency. I don't know if it's a simulcast or not.

The district numbers are going to be listed in the sub categories.(where it says "Dispatched by Monmouth County". I submitted that info today.

As for splitting fire and EMS, if one of the admins wants to do it, it could be done that way.

Thanks for the update, I'll change my records. :D

scannersnstuff

just to throw my 2 cents in. don't overlook apfd on 154.430 146.2. even though fg is now ch.12 <digital>, apfd still use's the old fg. now and again.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
I have heard this frequency used by Matawan at working fires in 2011.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

DJ88

If I'm not mistaken, that was their fire dispatch frequency when they self dispatched. The license expired in 2003. They probably let it expire after county took over dispatching, but are still using it as a tactical channel..

squad1321

One other nit-pick note: Asbury Park Fireground (151.1675) was listed as Fire 12 in the County Fire/EMS section. It has disappeared. Should that be re-added in the County Fire section to be consistent?

SCPD

QRT

Yes, at one time Matawan Boro was licensed on this frequency and also 154.1300 as low power frequency under call sign WPBV900 which expired on 10/08/03 and then was was cancelled 12/04/03. Check (Click) ULS link on call sign.
It is quite possible the town still has "older" radios still on this frequency and or perhaps use them as low power fire tac in their portables which is OK per FCC rules as stated previously. I hope this helps?

Last edited:

DJ88

One other nit-pick note: Asbury Park Fireground (151.1675) was listed as Fire 12 in the County Fire/EMS section. It has disappeared. Should that be re-added in the County Fire section to be consistent?

The database was cleaned up and all duplicated frequencies/tones were deleted and in the process, it may have been deleted from there because it's in the Asbury Park Section. I'll submit it to go into the "County Fire & EMS section" but it will be deleted from Asbury Park. Thanks for pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.