Maui Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver506

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have information for the current Maui PS radio network? I am visiting now and would appreciate any info on the system. It is a longshot but I am using a Uniden 396T so someone might have a file for this radio already constructed.

Mahalo,

Chuck
K0DGP

code3cowboy

15 site EF Johnson 800mhz LTR Multi-Net II system for 911 and county services and publick works. AMR has a single UHF pair used for both dispatch/command and control and base station contacts. DLNR, Sheriff, NPS Haleakala, and US FWS are separate.

SCPD

QRT
When I visited the Island in 2004, it was very quiet. At that time, there was a lot of LTR being used. Not certain if Public Safety was using it not. But it was very very quiet to me. Although, I was not in the tourist areas, rather I was in Paia, HI, which sits on the east coast of the Island.

I did see in some reading not long ago though, that Hawaii, including Maui, was going to undergo some radio changes, so this may have happened, or happening at this current time.

On thing I did scanner was air and martime. Maritime was especially cool since I'd never heard it on my scanner before, and it was a long time ago that I was in the Navy. Not being an RM though, I never saw communication equipment, beyond the pay phones stationed through the ship or HTs.

Ahhh Maui, the Island of paradise. How I long to move there, and will when my mother passes away, then I'm selling it all, and moving to Maui, and live with my niece.

Happy scanning!

Status
Not open for further replies.