Mauldin PD on P800 could it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExecutiveChef

Premium Subscriber
I hear police activity coming from around Mauldin SC coming from this Talkgroup-44395

Could Mauldin Police be on the Palmetto 800 now.

The Talkgroup-44395, which is very close to

Mauldin FD Talkgroup-44399
Mauldin PD Talkgroup-44395 *Could this be Mauldin PD

It was very little traffic from this Talkgroup yesterday. Sat Feb 26, 2022

I heard East Butler Rd. Being mentioned from which sounded like police talk.

Mauldin PD is probably the last of the Law Enforcement agencies in Greenville County that converted over to the P800

toppingham

Premium Subscriber
Finally was motivated to start scanning services that moved to Palmetto 800. Somewhat disappointed in voice quality - some of my earlier sampling from the Palmetto 800 was clearer. The Mauldin FD and PD talk groups sometimes sound like the duck quacks heard on analog single sideband many years ago. But I am only using the handheld 9 inch whip antenna.

mlindler

Premium Subscriber
Finally was motivated to start scanning services that moved to Palmetto 800. Somewhat disappointed in voice quality - some of my earlier sampling from the Palmetto 800 was clearer. The Mauldin FD and PD talk groups sometimes sound like the duck quacks heard on analog single sideband many years ago. But I am only using the handheld 9 inch whip antenna.
What radio are you using? Greenville is a Simulcast site, so if your radio doesn't handle simulcast well it will sound distorted. On a radio that handles simulcast well it sounds smooth and clear.

toppingham

Premium Subscriber
Thanks - I'm using a Uniden BCD436HP, so I'll check Simulcast settings to see if there's any tuning or software upgrade that will help.

W1CRN

Premium Subscriber
I think they made the switch. Ill listen to their zone in my work radio tomorrow and see. Simpsonville should be going to 800 also I would think, SPD already did.

ExecutiveChef

Premium Subscriber
Mauldin PD channel was very active this morning. They must have their radios or TGID on Roam because it's active on the Anderson County Simulcast tower

Status
Not open for further replies.