ARCXT: Max Talkgroup Reached

Status
Not open for further replies.

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to download a system that is that gives me a message that says "Max Talkgroup Reached" How would be a good way to split the system into manageable/downloadable working group(s). I want to scan the entire system?

Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) (P25) Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies This system is replacing this system: Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) (Motorola) Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies

I wouldn't need both systems will I?

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to download a system that is that gives me a message that says "Max Talkgroup Reached" How would be a good way to split the system into manageable/downloadable working group(s). I want to scan the entire system?

Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) (P25) Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies This system is replacing this system: Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) (Motorola) Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies

I wouldn't need both systems will I?

Thanks
You may not need both systems. However, reading comments on the database pages, for areas that are beginning the switch from the old to the new system, talkgroups may be linked between both systems,

Which specific scanner model are you programming?

General limits include no more than 20 groups per system, and no more than 500 TGIDs per group. There is an overall limit of 25,000 channels of memory. While you might not have more than 500 TGIDs in any group, you're probably exceeding the limit of groups per system.

Sitting at any one spot in your state, there is no way that you can hear everything going on in the state. A given talkgroup is normally limited to the site(s) that cover their jurisdiction. That would normally mean, perhaps, their home county, and possibly one or more of the adjoining counties. You do not want to greatly increase the time for your scanner to check every site & talkgroup in the state. You would be better off splitting up the system into regions, with the sites & talkgroups used in that specific area. By entering both the talkgroups and frequencies in each region, as well as their location & range data, you could use location control on the scanner to determine which sites and counties are in range for where you are at that time. You could set up regions using specific areas of the state, or may break them up by using the OK Highway Patrol troops as a template.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I agree that "regionalizing" is the best option for programming a statewide system into the earlier versions of DMA scanners having those lower memory limits. That would be if you are programming the whole state because you might be all over the state.

If you are only in a certain area, you can choose the Groups/Departments and sites that are close to that area. I might even be inclined to set the scanner to do ID Searching for a while just to see if I might have missed programming some talkgroups. That ID Searching is kind of a catch-all for either new/unlisted talkgroups or those that might have been left off the programming.

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response guys!. I'm sending info to to either a BCD996 XT ot P2. They are currently my workhorses. To set up "regions" i'm assuming that i need to add all the frequencies into each regoin, but only the TG's for that region? Both 996's have 25K dynamic frequency slots, correct?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You would need the primary and alternate control channels for each site within a given region. Additionally you would need all of the talkgroups used in the given region.

Status
Not open for further replies.