• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Maximum Number of voice repeaters for Capacity Plus Single Site?

ogg373

Hello all,
I have recently come across some ambiguity regarding the maximum number of voice repeaters that Motorola MOTOTRBO Capacity Plus Single Site System can accommodate, the official brochure suggest that the system can handle up to 12 different voice paths with additional 24 data paths for a single site, meaning it can handle up to to 6 voice repeaters. However, I have found other sources that claim it can handle up to 8 voice repeaters (notably
).
So I would appreciate it someone who worked with this system first hand could help me clear up this confusion and confirm the actual capacity of the Motorola Capacity Plus System whether it is 8 or 6 voice repeaters.

Firebuff880

Looks to me to be a one-off special and probably from outside the region.

There was talk about the Extended Multi-Site prior to the Capacity Max announcement and I thought that at least one Canadian
customer had the support. It's defiantly not available today in the US.

Your Subscriber ? Or a companies you work for / support ?

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
It was a rarely used EID that enabled folks to slightly increase their LCP system beyond the 15 sites, but it was limited to 32MB repeaters (I am only aware of 2 locations in the US that had it, and required very high level approval). There is another EID that allows infinite sites and infinite repeaters at each site, but that is very rare (only 2 places in the world have that one that I am aware of). TT

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I'd hate to be off topic, but what is that EID?? End of Train option?
I'd hate to be off topic, but what is that EID?
Entitlement Identification. It's a unique hexadecimal key that authenticates the purchase of paid features on Mototrbo devices.
Yea I have a few trbo radios. I understand what an EID is. You deleted and left out the rest of my post. What is that EID. what does End Of Train EID feature do this is featured in the screenshot of OPs radio. Is that not a unique EID you dont see everyday

Last edited:

hst111

I bought the second hand radio that its already inside.
So, I never know what is this. I would like to ask if anyone know.

Firebuff880

I'd hate to be off topic, but what is that EID?? End of Train option?

EID is Motorola's Entitlement license for a specific feature.

End of train is a feature that Rail Road Operators specify to be government compliant -- End of Train Device (EOTD) - Signal Identification Wiki

Seen lots of Kenwood NXDN with the option not so many TRBOs.

The other feature entitlements here are also very unique but of no substantial use to anyone other than the original system owner.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
It is likely someone turning on a lot of features with software and procedures that are not legal/authorized. TT

hst111

I am sorry for hear this. I recently started use MOTOTRBO radios. I use kenwood and apx before. I'm sorry if anything is incorrect.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I would just enjoy the radio as is. The features being in the radio are not a problem until you try to clone/copy your codeplug into another person's radio. TT