Maximum wattage of unlicensed transmissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessthelus

Premium Subscriber
It has been a while since I kept up with FCC rules and regulations and I don't know if the current regulations are online but I was still wondering if Part 15 transmissions are still in the mW range or has it been raise to 1W of ERP? I am more interested in the 400-500Mhz range.

RFI-EMI-GUY

In the UHF range, there are Part 15 frequencies in the 418 and 433 MHZ range. You are limited to a few milli watts and a short duty cycle. RF Monolithics website is a good reference for FCC certification.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

cmdrwill

It has been a while since I kept up with FCC rules and regulations and I don't know if the current regulations are online but I was still wondering if Part 15 transmissions are still in the mW range or has it been raise to 1W of ERP? I am more interested in the 400-500Mhz range.

In Part 15, allowed radiation is measured in micro-volts per Meter. So we would have to measure the voltage with a calibrated antenna at a measured distance from the transmitter antenna and calculate the result.

At UHF, (125/3) x f(MHz) - (21250/3) μV/m @ 3 m

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...4kAkqJ7IQ&sig2=fSGtv2KO6ryH-zeUpenahw&cad=rja

Describes Part 15 and measurements for compliance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.