May OKC Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mam1081

Feed Provider
So, even though we just had a meeting last week - it's a new month now.

Where's it goin' to be? I'll always vote for a west, but I'm not sure that we have been very fair to the east side lately.

Suggestions???

woodyrr

I'm good for any Tuesday or Wednesday in May and I plan to attend.

I'm going to pass on a suggestion for a location right now, although I would prefer someplace quiet. My voice is still hoarse from yelling to be heard over the din at the Old Chicago.

AE5C

How about Subway or Quizno's?

They are currently having a $5 sub advertising fight.

Be a lot cheaper, and we could find a new place.

Just my two cents.

Allen
AE5FD

LindaFarrell

March meeting

Cimmaron Steak House on South Meridian has a real good 8 oz steak with all the trimmings for $5.99. Space is not a problem there and is reasonably quiet.

woodyrr

I just checked the menu. The New York Strip is "my steak" and they have it, although disguised as a "Kansas City" strip. Any place with a NY Strip is OK by me.
Any other ideas?

Shortwavewave

I hope I can make it this time, hadnt been able to do to work.

On a different note has anyone eattin at "Saltgrass Steakhouse"?

YOU HAVE TO GO THERE

To me that is BYYYYY far the best place to eat oklahoma, and ive eattin at a lot of places, except of cousre "The Haunted House" but thats a place to take the wife, type thing. Its very nice.

woodyrr

Cimarron Steak House is fine with me. If we are going to do it on a Tuesday, we need to do it this coming Tuesday in order to avoid sentrymechanic’s recurring conflict.

I have no conflicts for any day this month, so I don’t feel right about suggesting a time.

How about it folks? :)

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
Cimarron is fine with me, I don't have any date conflicts either so anytime is fine here.

woodyrr

For anyone interested, I copied down the frequency information for the local digital channels that I have programmed from the signal diagnostics screen on my DTV.

CHANNEL.....PHYSICAL CHANNEL......FREQUENCY

Looking at 51 and 50, one could hypothesize that they are spaced 6 MHz apart, but even if they are, they aren't in one contiguous group. I’m sure that there is a wiki with a listing somewhere. I’m wondering how difficult it would be to include DTV audio in scanners.

robynsjw

woodyrr said:
Looking at 51 and 50, one could hypothesize that they are spaced 6 MHz apart, but even if they are, they aren't in one contiguous group. I’m sure that there is a wiki with a listing somewhere. I’m wondering how difficult it would be to include DTV audio in scanners.
I've wondered that too, and found a few threads here that say you would have to have enough processor power in the scanner to decode the whole thing, the audio is basically embedded in the video, and you'd have to separate them just to get the audio. I'm sure someone else will say that much goodlier here.
Kind of hacks me off, next year my frady-hole battery powered TV will be worthless. Maybe there'll be some ATV or pirate-tv stations pop up somewhere.
:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.